- Reid Fleming continues to work with the starting defensive unit as the #1 middle linebacker.
- The offense worked on sprint outs... QBs throwing on the run, etc. Offense was also working on a lot of underneath routes. They also throw a lot to the TEs with Ben Troupe and Aaron Walker.
- Jemalle Cornelius and Kenneth Tookes have separated themselves from the rest of the freshmen. Reggie Lewis looks to be next in line as far as the freshmen. Cornelius beat Tre Orr on a skinny post for a touchdown. Lewis beat Bryant Westbrook with a nice catch.
- Keiwan Ratliff and Taylor Jacobs went at each other a lot in one on ones and it was basically a draw.
- Jermaine McCollum was working with the 3rd team CBs and is working his way up the depth chart.
- The special teams worked on punt blocks
- Larry Kendrick was the #1 nickel back and Cory Bailey the #2 nickel back in passing situations. Bam Hardman was the linebacker that came out in that situation.
- Ciatrick Fason is working as the third team running back.
- Carlos Perez is separating himself from Kelvin Kight as the #2 wide receiver.
- Bryant Westbrook and Tre Orr both had their good moments and bad moments in practice today. They made some plays and got beat on some plays.
- Todd Johnson had a great practice, especially in pass coverage.
- Gavin Dickey is showing the ability to throw the deep ball. He hooked up with Lewis and Cornelius.
- The offense and defense put in some new wrinkles that they didn't run during the spring.
- Vernell Brown had a few drops. He is just trying to settle in on offense.
- Mike DeGory is still running with the first team offense at center.
- Sylvester McGrew, Dwright Jackson, and Kenny Parker dressed out but did not practice. Willie Green did practice.
Tuesday Night Two-a-days
Two-a-days - Tuesday Night Session
Fightin Gators Top Stories
Franz Beard's Thoughts of the Day; Feb.22A few thoughts to jump start your Wednesday morning...
Fightin Gators9:47 PM
Allen's 26 leads Gators past GamecocksWhen KeVaughn Allen hit his first shot Tuesday night, Chris Chiozza knew it was going to be a really good night for Florida’s 12th-ranked Gators (23-5, 13-2 SEC).
Fightin Gators8:20 PM
JU beats Gators in walk off fashion 3-2Jacksonville University (3-1) second baseman Scott Dubrule singled with one out and bases loaded in the bottom of the ninth inning in a tie ball game with the Florida Gators (3-1)…
Fightin Gators8:01 PM
Gator returns home… as it should beIt’s always nice when Gator Greats come home to visit The Swamp. It’s even better when they come back to work in The Swamp. Florida head coach Jim McElwain announced Tuesday that…
Fightin Gators12:54 PM