- Reid Fleming continues to work with the starting defensive unit as the #1 middle linebacker.
- The offense worked on sprint outs... QBs throwing on the run, etc. Offense was also working on a lot of underneath routes. They also throw a lot to the TEs with Ben Troupe and Aaron Walker.
- Jemalle Cornelius and Kenneth Tookes have separated themselves from the rest of the freshmen. Reggie Lewis looks to be next in line as far as the freshmen. Cornelius beat Tre Orr on a skinny post for a touchdown. Lewis beat Bryant Westbrook with a nice catch.
- Keiwan Ratliff and Taylor Jacobs went at each other a lot in one on ones and it was basically a draw.
- Jermaine McCollum was working with the 3rd team CBs and is working his way up the depth chart.
- The special teams worked on punt blocks
- Larry Kendrick was the #1 nickel back and Cory Bailey the #2 nickel back in passing situations. Bam Hardman was the linebacker that came out in that situation.
- Ciatrick Fason is working as the third team running back.
- Carlos Perez is separating himself from Kelvin Kight as the #2 wide receiver.
- Bryant Westbrook and Tre Orr both had their good moments and bad moments in practice today. They made some plays and got beat on some plays.
- Todd Johnson had a great practice, especially in pass coverage.
- Gavin Dickey is showing the ability to throw the deep ball. He hooked up with Lewis and Cornelius.
- The offense and defense put in some new wrinkles that they didn't run during the spring.
- Vernell Brown had a few drops. He is just trying to settle in on offense.
- Mike DeGory is still running with the first team offense at center.
- Sylvester McGrew, Dwright Jackson, and Kenny Parker dressed out but did not practice. Willie Green did practice.
Tuesday Night Two-a-days
Two-a-days - Tuesday Night Session
Fightin Gators Top Stories
Franz Beard's Thoughts of the Day: June 26A few thoughts to jump start your Monday morning...
Fightin GatorsYesterday at 8:52 PM
Gators vs LSU: A rematch that was meant to beFlorida won the series in Gainesville (2-1) back in late March. It was a rebound series for the Gators who got off to an 0-3 start in SEC play the weekend before against Auburn.…
Fightin GatorsYesterday at 3:10 PM
Gators hit obstacles all along the wayNo doubt every team that makes it to the College World Series has some story of being tough or gritty, or whatever adjective you want to insert about what they have had to overcome…
Fightin GatorsSaturday at 11:35 PM
Faedo & Byrne propel Gators into ChampionshipJunior starter Alex Faedo went 7.1 innings of shutout ball of TCU (50-18), while closer Michael Byrne saved his 18th game of the year for the Gators as the two combined for 14…
Fightin GatorsSaturday at 8:32 PM