- The first night of full pads and the hitting started right after individual drills. They had three groups of one-on-ones with the quarterbacks handing off to a running back. An OL would go one on one with a DL. Here are some things that stood out -
Max Starks dominated Arpedge Rolle
Todd McCullough ate up Ben Troupe
Ian Scott caused a fumble
Ray Snell beat up Ray McDonald
Jonathan Colon and Tron LaFavor went at it on more than one occasion and it was a draw all night
Randy Hand struggled against Taurean Charles
David Jorgensen struggled
- Bam Hardman left practice early. Todd McCollough took his reps. Bam jogged off the practice field and looked fine.
- In team drills, Randy Hand was working at second team right tackle, Lance Butler 2nd team right guard, Jorgensen 2nd team center
- When the defense goes to nickel, Cory Bailey is in over Larry Kendrick
- Jermaine McCollum is the first freshman to get time in the secondary in team drills
- Marcus Oquendo-Johnson was running 2nd team DE tonight
- The defense is ahead of the offense
- Rex Grossman continues to look for Taylor Jacobs on most throws. He threw several completed passes to Taylor. His second primary target has been tight end Aaron Walker. Carlos Perez caught some nice passes once again and he and Taylor are setting themselves apart from the rest of the wide receivers as the #1 and #2 guys. Perez is stepping up and having a very solid camp.
- Offense worked on Red Zone offense plus 25 yards.
- Ingle Martin has found a connection with OJ Small, who mostly plays in the slot. They hooked up several times. Martin is throwing with a lot of zip and looks as good as he ever has at Florida.
- Matt Jackson made some nice plays and catches.
- McCollough made some nice defensive plays as did Keiwan Ratliff.
- They continues to work on special teams and the punt team.
- Reggie Lewis appears to be working his way up the depth chart, most notably on kick return teams. He also beat Tre Orr in press coverage on a slant route.
- Marquis Westbrook struggled tonight.
- Vernell Brown was returning kicks.
- During one-on-one drills, Maurice Mitchell had trouble picking up switches. Coach Wickline got so upset he threw his hat. Mitchell looks very comfortable in pass protection but struggles with run blocking.
- Tron LaFavor looked strong during team drills and moved the pile.
- Mike DeGory did a nice job against Ian Scott.
- No injuries to report.