- Rex Grossman was 16/24 for 2 touchdowns and 2 Interceptions. He threw a touchdown pass to Kelvin Kight (screen) and Vernell Brown (fade). Robert Cromartoe intercepted him on a bad throw and Guss Scott made an interception in the endzone.
- Taylor Jacobs did not participate in the scrimmage. He hurt his shoulder last night diving for a ball. Jackobs could have played if necessary. Matt Jackson replaced him.
- Kelvin Kight had a huge day, his best practice as a Gator.
- David Jorgensen worked with the second team at both guard positions.
- Dewayne DuBose worked with the second team at center.
- Matt Farrior started with the first team defense at MLB.
- Ran Carthon had a big day at running back with two 20 plus yard runs
- Ben Troupe and Aaron Walker caught multiple passes
- Shannon Snell got injured but came back after resting a series.
- Earnest Graham had a few nice runs including a 15 yarder where he ran over multiple defenders.
- In the Red Zone for the first time, the Gators scored. They ran four running pays (Graham three run) with Carthon scoring. That was against the #1 defense. Carthon and Graham were splitting time with the starting offense.
- Willie Green played with the #2 offense and looked healthy. He played well except for a fumble going into the end zone on a hit by Reid Fleming.
- Jemalle Cornelius was the first freshman to play. Dallas Baker was the first freshmen WR to play.
- Larry Kendrick intercepted an Ingle Martin pass and returned it 90 yards.
- Matt Leach had a 27 yard FG blocked by Steven Harris.
- Ryan Carter played 3rd team center and struggled.
- Taurean Charles had a sack.
- Florida's offense looked impressive running short and intermediate routes. They had trouble converting the long ball. They also had success running a no-huddle offense, calling the plays at the line of scrimmage. One drive they scored on 7 plays (65 yards).
- The defense played a lot of three man fronts and a "50" defense because the offense ran with a one back set so much. In fact, one D-line unit was Ian Scott, Arpedge Rolle and Tron LaFavor. The secondary looked good.
- Guss Scott, Bryan Savelio, Marcus Oquendo-Johnson all had sacks.
- Bobby Williams left the scrimmage on a cart because of heat exhaustion. Lance Butler moved to tackle.
- Max Starts left the field with what looked like a slight knee injury.
- Dwright Jackson (knee) and Darryl Dixon (shoulder) were held out of the scrimmage.
- Players that shined - Kelvin Kight, Ran Carthon, Matt Jackson, Guss Scott, Ian Scott, Marcus Oquendo-Johnson.
- Two more scrimmages will be held this fall before UAB.
- Post scrimmage comments from Zook - "Kight impressed me."
- Post scrimmage comments from Coach Thompson - "think 8 DLs will play this season."
- Battle still open with Farrior and Fleming.
- Of the three freshmen RBs, DeShawn Wynn looked the best.
- Post scrimmage comments from Rex - "Thought we ran the ball very well."
Saturday's Scrimmage In the Swamp
Saturday's Scrimmage in the Swamp
Fightin Gators Top Stories
Reyes ready for a full year opportunityFlorida sophomore outfielder Danny Reyes played in just 24 games a year ago. When he finally got to play he started strong, but didn’t finish quite like he wanted. Now he is ready…
Fightin Gators8:51 AM
Gators Coaches on the Road AgainThe Florida staff is once again on the road on Friday. The Gators will check in on several targets in South Florida.
Fightin Gators7:00 AM
Franz Beard's Thoughts of the Day; Oct. 21A few thoughts to jump start your Friday morning...
Fightin GatorsYesterday at 10:25 PM
Gators Check in On Scout 300 OTTony Gray received a visit from Florida offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier. Are the Gators in the mix?
Fightin GatorsYesterday at 1:50 PM