As many of you invariably know by now, signing day is our busiest day of the year and it starts early at 7am and goes on until late afternoon, so it's going to make for a very long day for many of us.
While we're at the mercy of Scout's servers to try and handle the load, here's what we're going to try to do...
First, make sure you've bookmarked http://www.gatorcountry.com. NOT florida.scout.com. That way in the unlikely chance Scout does go down, we'll switch on the fly to our own dedicated server off-site. Going to GatorCountry.com will take you to either location based on availability. You should be using GatorCountry.com anyway as your main bookmark rather than Scout.com or Insiders.com, etc.
- If you haven't already, sign up for our Signing Day Dispatch so you can get updates as they come in via email or your cell phone. This is probably the best way to get updates without hammering our servers.
- Use our temporary chat room (which will be linked above) to stay abreast of the latest signees as they come in. Do us all a favor and..
- Don't use the sounds
- Don't use colors
- Limit idle chatter
- Don't complain about the chat room - it's temporary and ugly is better than no chat! ;)
- We'll be posting updates on a stickied thread in this forum. Don't reload it too often -- give it time between reloads otherwise you're going to bring the server to its knees.
- Updates will also be posted to our front page. Again, please do not constantly reload/refresh the page.
- Do us a big favor and don't post duplicate topics on our forums, don't post unnecessary stuff, etc. etc. Especially be wary of running around like a chicken whose head is cut off screaming about the latest rumor from so and so! ;)
Biggest thing is to stay calm and enjoy the process. Things never go perfectly on signing day - whether technical or by way of expected signees, so just bear that in mind and enjoy the day. We'll be working very hard anyway to try and keep you posted.
Thanks for your patience,
Raymond Hines III