FightinGators.com will bring you full game coverage of the Gators' season opener.
* Meyer's reaction
* Player reaction
* Game Analysis and more...
Scouting the Hilltoppers
What to Look for
Gator Secondary --- With an already young group of cornerbacks, Florida's top corner Markihe Anderson will sit this one out because of a knee sprain. How will Wondy Pierre-Louis, Markus Manson and Joe Haden hold up considering it will be the first time at corner for all three?
O-line --- The Gators received some terrible news earlier this week when top offensive lineman and left tackle Phil Trautwein was diagnosed with a stress fracture in his foot. True freshman Maurkice Pouncey steps in to guard while Carlton Medder slides out to tackle. How quickly will they adjust to their new roles?
Backfield --- For the first time since arriving in Gainesville, Meyer is excited about his backfield. Can Kestahn Moore rush for 100 yards, and how explosive is Chris Rainey who will get am early chance with Brandon James suspended for the first game?
The SEC's television partner, Lincoln Financial (affiliate list), will air the game, moving kickoff to midday. The University Athletic Association has several suggestions for dealing with today's, which is expected to near 90 degrees.
* Cool Misting Tents in the concourses of the north, south and west sides of the stadium
* Additional fans on east side concourse
* 30,000 Gator fan giveaway at gates courtesy of the Florida Lottery
* Sunscreen giveaway at FanZone at Gate 2 outside of the O'Connell Center
* Cooling Hand Towel giveaway at FanZone at Gate 2 outside of the O'Connell Center
* Free samples of Gatorade also provided at FanZone
* Plastic cups with ice for free at concessions stands
* 12-Ounce waters on sale at concessions stands for $1
* 70 Water fountains operational in stadium
* Cooling buses on the east and west side to supplement aid stations
* Officers at gates looking out for fans in heat distress and directing to aid stations
* Stephen C. O'Connell Center open for football fans during the second half to watch the game on the big screens and cool down
* Spectators must have a football ticket for entrance
General Guidelines for High-Temperature Days
* Wear loose fitting clothing and a hat
* Sunscreen of at least 30 SPF - repeat application
* Get out of sun if dizzy
* Drink plenty of fluids - water and Gatorade
* Avoid excess alcohol - it will compound heat problems
* If you have G-1 respiratory or cardiac disease be especially careful
* Go immediately to an aid station if you need help
PREGAME: Gators host Western Kentucky
Fightin Gators Top Stories
Gators walk over Bulldogs in the 9thFlorida scored three runs in the ninth inning to come from behind and beat Georgia 6-4 on Friday night at Foley Field in Athens.
Fightin GatorsYesterday at 10:53 PM
Saints draft Alex Anzalone in 3rd roundDespite missing more than five games in his last season, Florida linebacker Alex Anzalone still performed well enough to see his NFL stock soar. Anzalone made the decision to…
Fightin GatorsYesterday at 10:43 PM
Teez Tabor joins Davis as Lions' Draft PickTeez Tabor was the second University of Florida player drafted by the Detroit Lions in the 2017 NFL Draft. Tabor was the number 21 selection in the second round on Friday night.
Fightin GatorsYesterday at 6:11 PM
Colts select Quincy Wilson in round twoThe NFL’s Indianapolis Colts just made their secondary better by taking University of Florida junior cornerback Quincy Wilson in the middle of the second round of the 2017 NFL…
Fightin GatorsYesterday at 5:41 PM