FightinGators.com will bring you full game coverage of the Gators' season opener.
* Meyer's reaction
* Player reaction
* Game Analysis and more...
Scouting the Hilltoppers
What to Look for
Gator Secondary --- With an already young group of cornerbacks, Florida's top corner Markihe Anderson will sit this one out because of a knee sprain. How will Wondy Pierre-Louis, Markus Manson and Joe Haden hold up considering it will be the first time at corner for all three?
O-line --- The Gators received some terrible news earlier this week when top offensive lineman and left tackle Phil Trautwein was diagnosed with a stress fracture in his foot. True freshman Maurkice Pouncey steps in to guard while Carlton Medder slides out to tackle. How quickly will they adjust to their new roles?
Backfield --- For the first time since arriving in Gainesville, Meyer is excited about his backfield. Can Kestahn Moore rush for 100 yards, and how explosive is Chris Rainey who will get am early chance with Brandon James suspended for the first game?
The SEC's television partner, Lincoln Financial (affiliate list), will air the game, moving kickoff to midday. The University Athletic Association has several suggestions for dealing with today's, which is expected to near 90 degrees.
* Cool Misting Tents in the concourses of the north, south and west sides of the stadium
* Additional fans on east side concourse
* 30,000 Gator fan giveaway at gates courtesy of the Florida Lottery
* Sunscreen giveaway at FanZone at Gate 2 outside of the O'Connell Center
* Cooling Hand Towel giveaway at FanZone at Gate 2 outside of the O'Connell Center
* Free samples of Gatorade also provided at FanZone
* Plastic cups with ice for free at concessions stands
* 12-Ounce waters on sale at concessions stands for $1
* 70 Water fountains operational in stadium
* Cooling buses on the east and west side to supplement aid stations
* Officers at gates looking out for fans in heat distress and directing to aid stations
* Stephen C. O'Connell Center open for football fans during the second half to watch the game on the big screens and cool down
* Spectators must have a football ticket for entrance
General Guidelines for High-Temperature Days
* Wear loose fitting clothing and a hat
* Sunscreen of at least 30 SPF - repeat application
* Get out of sun if dizzy
* Drink plenty of fluids - water and Gatorade
* Avoid excess alcohol - it will compound heat problems
* If you have G-1 respiratory or cardiac disease be especially careful
* Go immediately to an aid station if you need help
PREGAME: Gators host Western Kentucky
Fightin Gators Top Stories
CWS: Gators 9-2 loss to TCU Post GameFlorida head coach Kevin O'Sullivan and players took to the podium following their 9-2 loss to TCU Friday night. The Gators will play TCU again Saturday at 8 p.m.
Fightin GatorsYesterday at 10:22 PM
Gators drop advantage game 9-2 to TCUWith a chance to skip an elimination game, the Florida Gators (49-19) did almost everything wrong Friday night in a 9-2 loss to TCU (50-17), forcing the two teams to meet again…
Fightin GatorsYesterday at 9:51 PM
Gators Make Cut for Top Louisiana SafetyIsrael Mukuamu, one of the top defensive backs in Louisiana, tells Scout why each school made his top nine list.
Scout FootballYesterday at 2:01 PM
South's No. 14 DE Visits FloridaDennis Briggs took a few in-state trips this week when the Gateway defensive end visited Florida and USF. The 2018 defensive lineman discusses both visits with Scout.
Fightin GatorsYesterday at 1:30 PM