As the regional TV home of the Gators, Sun Sports was given rare, behind-the-scenes access so fans can see the multitude and often simultaneous operational aspects the Gators implement over several days preparing for a game. Viewers will see and learn about what takes place beginning Thursday, into Friday and on game day as 90,000+ fans get ready to watch the Gators. From early morning deliveries of food, ice and water, to high level security operations, to pre-game and in-game entertainment timing and rehearsals, to coordinating media interviews and food service preparations - it's a precise maze of tightly timed activities. Viewers will meet many of those on the front lines including security and operations personnel, cheerleading and band participants, members of the media and longtime volunteers from area non-profit organizations and vendors, including Stewart's Catering, which boasts four generations of Stewart's providing food service at the Swamp. It's a fascinating look into what it takes to put on a Gator football game.
Did you know….
* 3500-3800 lbs. of meat prepared by food service personnel
* 1000-1500 lbs. each of potatoes, pasta, veggies and fruit, not to mention endless desserts, hot dogs and popcorn.
* 75 tons of ice delivered to stadium
* 1000 volunteers from non-profit organizations provide services
* 32 security cameras monitor all activities inside and out
* 7 first-aid stations positioned throughout the stadium
* 125,000-135,000 bottles of water available
Additional airdates/times for UNDER THE LIGHTS: Gator Game Day All Access on Sun Sports include: 11/22, 11am; 11/25, 1pm; 11/27, 8pm; 12/2, 9pm; 12/5, 1pm; and 12/7, 9am (ET).