Three players recorded two RBI and number eight hitter Jeff Corsaletti came through in the clutch as he recorded three doubles finishing 3-for-4 with a career-best five RBI.
After opening the game with three scoreless innings, Ben Harrison and C.J. Smith walked to open the fourth and a sacrifice bunt by Stephen Barton put the Gators in position to score. A two RBI double by Corsaletti brought in Harrison and Smith for the first runs of the game. Brian Rose reached after being hit by a pitch for the fourth time this season. A Justin Tordi single scored Rose for the final run of the frame.
Behind the pitching trio of starter Justin Hoyman, Tom Potter and Christian Madson the Gators shut down the Siena bats for only seven hits and the single run. Hoyman started and was pulled in the fifth after developing a blister before giving way to Potter. Potter (2-0) earned the win after going three innings and giving up three hits and striking out a pair. Madson closed the deal by throwing the final two innings and giving up just a single hit with two strikeouts.
Mario Garza started the fifth with a double to center field. Harrison singled and advanced to second on a throw. The next batter who was Smith hit a RBI single and Barton walked to make it four straight Gators to reach base. Corsaletti doubled for the second time clearing the bases, which made the score to 7-1.
Siena got into the scoring column in the top of the fifth after Kevin Roberts hit a RBI sacrifice fly with the bases loaded.
Florida continued its scoring pace with four more runs in the sixth. Tordi led off the inning with a solo homerun and the next two batters, Brett Dowdy and Jonathan Tucker reached on an error and a single through the left side. Both runners then came home on a Garza two RBI triple and Smith had a sacrifice fly to bring in the final run of the inning.
Tony Cippola had three hits for Siena while starter Ryan Bitter took the loss by throwing five innings and giving up 10 hits and 10 runs with five walks and three strikeouts.
The Gators continue the three-game home series versus Siena Sunday at 1 p.m. and Monday at 6:30 p.m.
- Jeff Corsaletti had three doubles, the second time this season a UF player has had three doubles in a game.
- With scoring eleven runs, Florida tied the school record of six straight games with ten or more runs.
- Florida improved its record to 7-0 all-time versus Siena.
- Florida has won seven straight games, which is the longest win streak since winning nine in a row last March 8-20.
- Brian Rose was hit with a pitch for the 34th time in his career just seven off the school record.
- Florida recorded its third straight game with no errors.