"It wasn't because [UNC] didn't want me to go. It was because I had to handle something at home, and [UNC] understood. Coach [Ken] Browning came down [to Hargrave] and talked to me [before I left for home]."
With Signing Day two weeks away, Milton will likely reschedule his UNC official visit for after Signing Day.
"I feel real strong about [UNC's] program and what they do," Milton said. "I'd love to take a visit out there."
Still at home in Pineville (La.) because of what he describes as a minor medical issue, Milton's Mississippi State official visit, which is scheduled for this weekend, will likely be postponed also, and his Tennessee visit the following weekend is in jeopardy.
"Mississippi State, I'm not sure I'm going to be able to make it on the 21st [of January], because [I have another] doctor's appointment on Thursday," Milton said. "I'm not going to be able to fly down there. So I don't think I'm going to be able to take that visit.
"I may be able to take the Tennessee visit, if everything comes through and I make it back to my school on time… It depends on if I make it back to school this coming Sunday, then I'll be able to make my Tennessee visit. If not – if I make it [back] during the week – then I won't be able to take that visit. I'll just wait."
With so much uncertainty, Milton will likely make his collegiate decision after Signing Day as well.
"If I don't take all my visits, I'm just not going to sign on Signing Day," Milton said. "I'll just take my visits and then just sign late.
"I've talked about it with Mississippi State, North Carolina, and Tennessee, and they're all cool with moving visits back and making [my decision after Signing Day]."