Game Notes Bolingbrook vs Joliet Central style:
• One player that I was impressed by, although he is undersized (5-foot-8, 160 pounds) was 2012 RB D.J. Pruitt. He was very fast, had no problem going up for the ball. In fact, as I was watching I wrote down "he may be small, but he can go up and get the ball."
• Pruitt also returned kick-offs and had a 31-yard KOR for a TD as well as several rushing TD's. I asked if he was getting any looks, and so far it appears he hasn't -- but I wouldn't be surprised if that changes.
• Robert Bain is every bit of 6-foot-3, 290 pounds. And he added the weight well, he said he played at 250 last season, and looks dominant on the OL with his new strength.
• A couple things about Florida commit Antonio Morrison that really impressed me were his footwork and his focus on the ball. Morrison got to the ball every play – and fast. He is a good sized LB (he dwarfed me and I'm 5-foot-6) and as a former track runner, I can definitely say I was impressed by his speed to the ball.
• 2013 Aaron Bailey is going to be a big recruit. He's got 5 offers at QB under his belt already, and after seeing him play my bet is he gets plenty more.
• Those watching on the sidelines were telling me how impressed with how much bigger Bailey got this season, he put on a lot of muscle during the off-season – and it showed.
• Another guy to watch is 2013 TE Chandler Piekarski – he made a great 34-yard catch for the first TD of the night. He's got a lot of potential.