Friday night under the lights in Oak Forest, Ill., the 10-0 top seeded Lemont Indians traveled to take on 7-3 Oak Forest Bengals.
The second round of the 6A playoffs proved to be a great match-up, but for the second time this season Lemont came out on top of Oak Forest. The Indians won 35-14, and advanced to the Illinois State semi-finals.
Game Notes from Oak Forest:
• Starting off with Tevin Coleman. Coleman has offers from Georgia Tech, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Syracuse, Minnesota and more.
• He seemed to have put his recruiting on hold a little throughout the season, but he is beginning to plan out his official visits – one of the first seems to be Georgia Tech.
• As for my impressions? Coleman is an athlete. I was even more impressed with him the second time seeing him this season – mainly because of his expanded role. He was just a RB last time I visited, on Friday night he played RB/WR/QB/DB and returned kickoffs/punts.
• Also, you know when you have the number one seeded team yelling, and I mean yelling "Coleman, Coleman" every play – that you are a weapon.
• Not only is Coleman a weapon on offense, he knows how to tackle too. That paired with how fast Coleman is – helped him really be a huge impact player.
• Lemont HS has a pretty big prospect in 2013 OL Ethan Pocic – and not only is he a big, athletic prospect – he is very powerful. VERY.
• First several plays out of the gate, and Pocic had already pancaked and absolutely run over his man – no problem.
• From what I could tell Pocic had very good footwork, was pretty fast for his size – and is a legit 6-foot-6, 285 like he is listed.
• So far, Pocic has offers from Illinois, Iowa, Michigan State, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Purdue, WVU, and Wisconsin.