Solomon Sets Official Dates

Chris Solomon, the three-star safety out of West Covina (Calif.) discussed his offer list, officials and the Pac-12 program that is on the verge of offering…

Chris Solomon, West Covina's (Calif.) starting safety has received four scholarship offers so far from Colorado, Arizona, Arizona State and Nevada. With roughly a month until decision day, Solomon is trying to efficiently evaluate which program will be the best fit for him. But according to Solomon his offer list is about to get even bigger.

"I have been talking with Oregon State's special teams coach, Bruce Read a lot lately. I really like him," said Solomon. "I am going out there for an official visit on January 20th."

Although Solomon has not yet received an offer from the Beavers, he anticipates receiving one while on his official in a couple weeks.

"The coaches said they don't offer players until they meet them in person," said Solomon. " I am excited to meet all the coaches in person, get to know them, and see the facilities."

Before making the trip to Corvallis, Solomon has arranged to take an official to Colorado on January 13th, which will be the first time he has seen the Buffs program in person.

"I really like Colorado and their coaching staff. They show me a lot of love and respect," commented Solomon.

The Buffs' offensive coordinator/running backs coach, Eric Bieniemy and defensive coordinator, Greg Brown are the two coaches Solomon communicates with the most.

"They have already been to my house twice, which was great. They explained all their rules and the expectations they have for their football program. They also did a great job answering all my parents questions," said Solomon.

As far as where Solomon stands with Arizona and Arizona State, he says ever since the coaching changes at both programs neither school has been in contact with him as much.

"I called and spoke to the athletic director, Greg Byrne at Arizona, to find out if my scholarship was still valid after the coaching change. He said, yes and that they were still very interested," explained Solomon. "I am now trying to get in contact with Arizona State to find out if my offer there still stands. I have already taken unofficial visits to both schools, so I don't think I really need to take an official to either at this point."

In terms of when Solomon is planning on announcing his final decision, he said, "I am going to announce my decision on signing day with my teammate Justen Meaders. We will probably have a little gathering at our school."

Scout Football Top Stories