- The biggest news of the week came early Friday afternoon when Eastern Christian Academy (Elkton, Md.) cornerback Jahmere Irvin-Sills committed to Auburn. He is yet to visit the Auburn campus, but he is extremely close with Tigers defensive lineman Angelo Blackson.
"He's fast, he's got great reaction skills and he's extremely aggressive," ECA coach Dwayne Thomas said. "I think his speed gives receivers more trouble than his length."
- The week began with a commitment by Bergen Catholic High (Oradell, N.J.) receiver John Tsimis to Rutgers. Tsimis will now focus on getting ready for Rutgers in 2013 because he will miss his senior season after tearing the ACL in his knee at the Nike combine.
- Moorestown (N.J.) High offensive lineman Shane Rafter decided to bypass the camp circuit in hopes of getting more offers and committing to Temple, citing the distances (30 miles from his home) and the Owls' move to the Big East as the biggest reasons.
- Thomas Jefferson High (Brooklyn) defensive end Ebenezer Ogundeko, who is being recruited by many schools as an outside linebacker, said he will announce his college decision Aug. 14. He is slated to visit Notre Dame on Monday and will also visit Penn State this month.
- Timber Creek Regional High (Erial, N.J.) outside linebacker Myles Nash set a Sept. 28 announcement date. He added he plans to make official visits to West Virginia and Arizona, which offered during the week, prior to it, and also could make one to Rutgers before it.
- Newark (N.J.) Shabazz High middle linebacker Al-Rasheed Benton continued to add offers as Virginia and Syracuse each extended ones during the week.
There was chatter Benton would be making a weekend visit to Penn State, but he told Scout.com Friday night he was not making the visit, although he is likely to make one later in the month.
- Quince Orchard High (Gaithersburg, Md.) linebacker Marcus Newby said he was visiting Nebraska and Oklahoma in two weeks and also planned to visit West Virginia, Rutgers, Penn State, Maryland and Virginia Tech. He added those were his top seven schools.
- Four-star running back Taquan Mizzell of Bayside High in Virginia Beach, Va., trimmed his list to 10 schools.
"After having over 20 scholarship/offers I decided to cut it down to a top 10," Mizzell said. "West Virginia, UVA, Miami, Clemson, Ohio State, Virginia Tech, Notre Dame, Illinois, North Carolina State, and North Carolina."
Mizzell added the schools are not in any particular order.
- Monsignor Donovan High (Toms River, N.J.) offensive lineman Brad Henson added a Wisconsin order and said he likely would visit Georgia, Georgia Tech, Tennessee and South Carolina before trimming his list. He wants to make a decision before his senior season.
- Damascus (Md.) High outside linebacker/receiver Zach Bradshaw added a Penn State offer on the last day of the spring evaluation period, and he said he will visit the school later this month. Bradshaw is slated to visit Virginia this weekend, and also plans on visiting South Carolina and perhaps a return to Northwestern.
- Timber Creek Regional running back Zaire Williams added Purdue to his offer list. He also holds offers from Connecticut, Iowa, Pittsburgh, Temple and West Virginia.
- The Hun School (Princeton, N.J.) offensive tackle/defensive end Hunter Knighton reached the double digit FBS offer mark when Tulane and Purdue extended ones. He also has offers from Army, Buffalo, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Navy, Northwestern, Rutgers and South Florida.
- Wake Forest became the latest school to offer Calvert Hall High (Baltimore) safety Delando Johnson.
- Egg Harbor Township (N.J.) High defensive end Eric Wiafe received his first offer when Massachusetts made the move.
- Delaware offered Lancaster (Pa.) Catholic running back Roman Clay and Red Bank (N.J.) Catholic High defensive tackle Josh Klecko.
Taking a spin around the happenings in the northeast region during the last seven days.
Scout Football Top Stories
Most Out of Nowhere Commitments in '17 & '18Scout takes a closer look at the most out-of-nowhere commitments in the Class of 2017 and 2018 so far...
Scout Football2:45 PM
Watch: Corey Reed Talks U of L CommitmentLouisville picked up its 19th commitment for 2017 and it came from wide receiver Corey Reed. He talks about his decision here...
Scout Football1:28 PM
Scout 100 DL Aubrey Solomon Opens UpIt is a new day and a new beginning for Scout 100 defensive tackle Aubrey Solomon. He decommitted from Michigan Monday and you can get the very latest here...
Scout Football8:08 AM
Jake Fromm Adds Fifth StarThe time is now. Why wait any longer? Jake Fromm is a five star talent and he has been named a five star by Scout...
Scout Football6:20 AM