- Steven Mitchell looked great today and Brandon Huffman and I plan to move him back to the No. 1 WR in the West, where he actually started a few months ago. He showed a great burst, catches everything and his ability to run after the catch is on par with anyone here.
- A lot of buzz from the Trojan commits that five-star defensive lineman Eddie Vanderdoes is now a Trojan lean. This is huge as Vanderdoes was thought to be leaning to Oregon not too long ago. He has looked great all week and is an absolute monster.
Here is a scouting report on Vanderdoes from Scout's Chad Simmons:
Over the two days these prospects have been competing, Vanderdoes has been one of the best. He has good feet for a big interior DL and he plays with very good strength. He is more than just someone who can plug space in the middle, he can get up the field and help collapse the pocket.
- A lot of people feel defensive back Jalen Ramsey is leaning to USC as well and he will likely make his college choice in two weeks. Ramsey was my top corner today and has a big upside because of his size/speed ratio.
- Bellflower (Calif.) St. John Bosco OL Nico Falah had his best day today and showed a lot more toughness than in previous events. Falah is a great athlete but the question has always been, is he nasty enough. Today he competed hard and looked very good. He'll announce Wednesday and again, USC is close to a lock right now.
"I am leaning more towards USC. I was looking at USC, Tennessee, Penn State, Michigan and Ohio State. Those are my top five like two weeks ago, but now, I went out and saw pretty much all of the schools besides Ohio State and Michigan," Harris said. "I've been out to USC last week. Me, my mom and brother spent the week out there. I grew up loving the school and was a huge Reggie Bush fan. When I went out there last week it kind of confirmed everything I was looking for."
When asked if the USC commits at The Opening were trying to recruit him, Harris replied, "They pretty much know that I am coming to USC."
- Mesquite (Texas) West Mesquite receiver Eldridge Massington committed to USC earlier in the spring, and he said he's building a good relationship with fellow Trojan receiver commits Steven Mitchell and Sebastian LaRue. Massington joked that all three are trying to become "best friends" with future quarterback Max Browne, Brandon Huffman reported.
Max Browne will be working and building chemistry with Steven Mitchell and Sebastian LaRue, two of his future USC teammates. Browne, Mitchell and LaRue are all on the Field Generals, along with USC targets Tahaan Goodman and Priest Willis.
Michael Hutchings, Sebastian LaRue and Max Browne at The Opening.
- Greg Biggins, Jake Worthen, Brandon Huffman and Kevin Carden contributed to this report.