"I am about to leave town right now to head down to Baton Rouge for LSU's camp tomorrow," said Clayborn. "I am looking forward to going down there and showing them what I can do.
"I am going to try to get back over to Mississippi State for the Big Dawg camp next Friday night.
"I am going to be at the Ole Miss camp that day, so I want to get over to Mississippi State that night if I can."
With offers in hand from Mississippi State and Southern Miss, Clayborn believes he be on the verge of adding another.
"Ole Miss has pretty much told me that they plan to offer me at the camp on Friday," said Clayborn. "If they offered, then I might have to re-think my process.
"You never know, I might get an offer from LSU and that could change things too."
The Jackson, Mississippi native reports that he is still in feeling out mode, but that a pre-season decision appears to be in order.
"I don't know how things will go at Ole Miss," said Clayborn. "I have never camped up there with the new staff, so I have no idea how Matt Luke coaches.
"I know how things are with Coach (John) Hevesy are and how he coaches, so I know what to expect from Mississippi State.
"I don't know how things will be at LSU either. You just never know what is going to happen."
Clayborn reports that he has taken his time and he is proud of how he has handled the process.
"It would be hard to turn down an SEC school, but I wanted to learn about all of the schools that were recruiting me," explained Clayborn.
"If they thought enough of me to offer me, then I owed it to them to at least give their school a fair chance.
"You just never know what you're going to find out. You might find a place you really love."
The Bulldogs of Mississippi State were the first school to offer and the Bulldogs have continued to set the recruiting pace.
"I have been talking to Deon (Mix) the past couple of days," said Clayborn. "He is talking to me about joining him and Kent Flowers up there at Mississippi State.
"He told me that Mississippi State has come around and that they are the closest to winning a national championship out of all of the in state schools.
"I like hearing that and that's something I am thinking about.
"I am going to keep my options open and see what happens with these other camps.
"I am still planning on making an August decision unless something changes."