Dunlap In Line for Late Offers

Crete-Monee (Ill.) senior cornerback Jaylen Dunlap has two offers, and now that his full season highlight is hitting the airwaves, there may be more that arrive on his doorstep.

Cornerbacks with size are rare, and that's why Crete-Monee High School's Jaylen Dunlap, at 6'2, is receiving a lot of late recruiting interest.

Currently, he stands with two offers: Alabama-Birmingham and Eastern Michigan, who he took an official visit with a few weeks back.

"It was great. I like the coaches, the facilities, players were cool. The campus was nice. It went well."

Dunlap visited with teammate Lance Lenoir, who also has an offer from the Eagles, and the two have discussed playing together in college.

"Yeah, it's been brought up. Right now, we're just waiting. I just got my senior film, so it's really just starting. I will start sending the senior film out because I had a mid-season one, but this has the rest of the season, so I'll start sending that out, see where that goes."

Dunlap will make time to visit the Blazers too, saying, "Yeah, I'm taking an official down there the 12th or 25th."

Beyond the two that have offered, Dunlap says Toledo, Ball State, Indiana, Illinois, Mississippi and Western Michigan are still in contact.

The Fighting Illini are frequently in touch, and now that things are taken care of in the classroom, Dunlap believes an offer from them could be forthcoming.

"I just talked to a coach from Illinois yesterday. It was kind of with my grades, I'm eligible, but my grades are kind of low, but I finished the semester with a 3.1 GPA and it's all core, so that will bring up my GPA. They told me once I get back, send that in. They said the talent is there and if everything goes right, I'm checked out, they'll see my first semester grades, and I'll probably have an offer."

Mississippi is also close to offering. The Rebels have already offered teammate Laquon Treadwell, and they have visited together.

"They're just waiting on my film. I just got it done, so I'll get it to them as soon as possible, and hopefully I hear back quickly."

Since there is still much to be determined, Dunlap will not make a decision any time soon.

"I'll probably wait until Signing Day or late January.""

Scout Football Top Stories