SCOUT All-NFTC Selection - George Lea
Lea took home DL MVP honors at the Dallas NFTC after dominating in the one-on-one portion of the event.
Checking in at 6'1.5, 258 he was stout and quick. He did not blow the testing out of the after, but that did not stop him from going after highly rated recruits and beating them.
Look for his recruitment to take off in the months ahead.
SCOUT All-NFTC Selection - Nikolas Daniels
It was the underclassman Daniels who took home DL MVP honors in Houston and he had a dominating performance, showing his pure speed off the edge.
A bit smaller than the typical DE, he came in at 6'0, 219 and could be that hybrid DE/OLB that just terrorizes college quarterbacks.
He is a new name to many, just because he is only going to be a junior next season, but a name to remember.
SCOUT All-NFTC Selection - Ed Oliver
Oliver was one of my favorite recruits at either event. He was strong in the one-on-ones and in the testing.
This was Oliver's third major camp stop since early January, and he just seems to get better with each showing.
The bar was raised at the NFTC competition wise and Oliver passed the test.
He already has major offers.
SCOUT All-NFTC Selection - Charles Omenihu
The fourth pick here was a tough one as there were a number of players on the defensive line who were close in performance and talent.
But I think Omenihu showed a good blend of what you are looking for.
He is rangy and long, and could grow in to that dominant style edge defender and he flashed that potential at the NFTC.
Omenihu is committed to Texas.
The Best of the Rest
- Du'Vonta Lampkin from Cypress (Texas) Falls High is a huge defensive tackle prospect. He has the ability to go past defenders and showed an excellent swim move, clubbing even strong OL out of the way. The Oklahoma commit was 6'4, 307.
- Bo Wallace from John Curtis (La.) High was another one of those explosive edge players. he has the look to add some weight, but checked in here at 6'3.5, 207. He was the top tester on the DL posting a 97.38 Sparq. He has half a dozen high major offers.
- T.D. Moton from Woodlawn (La.) passed the eye ball test with flying colors. he did not particpate in the testing, but did check in at a slim 6'2.5, 313. He was solid, but not dominant in the one-on-ones, but give this kid some pads and I bet he's one of the top guys on most fields he steps on.
- Marvin Terry from South Oak Cliff (Texas) High is another one of the edge guys in the 2016 class who will get a lot of attention. He has that look and can bring it.
- Donald Louis and Courtney Wallace both from Neville (La.) High must make some kind of formidable duo up front in that state.
SCOUT All-Texas NFTC Roster
Running Back (2):
Wide Receiver (3):
Tight End (1):
Offensive Line (3):