In mid-April I did a two part story featuring 10 players from Arizona that had no D1 offers but I felt would by the time Summer rolled around.
Here is how I did. Six of the ten prospects I highlighted have received offers.
1. Derik Hall - ATH - Tucson Sahuaro. One of my favorite players on tape this year. Hall does a little bit of everything including playing TE, h-back, WR, RB, FB and LB. You can tell on tape that he loves the game but what you can't see on film is exactly how tall he is. Is he 5-11? If he is 6-0 or over, he will land offers as a linebacker.
* Hall ended up getting offers from NAU and South Dakota State as a defensive player.
2. Omar Lloyd - CB - Tucson Sahuaro. Coaches can see two very quality football players at Sahuaro HS. Lloyd's film is impressive. He has great ball skills and is long, looks like he is over 6 feet tall.
* Lloyd also was offered by South Dakota State.
3. Jamison Pruitt - OT - Phoenix O'Connor. Offensive tackles just may be the toughest position to recruit simply because there aren't many big, athletic kids. Pruitt is over 6-4 and weighs 260 pounds. On film he looks athletic. It is only a matter of time before he lands an offer.
* Pruitt got hot and received D1 offers from Montana, UC-Davis and Air Force before committing to NAU.
4. Sammy Taueli - DT - Mesa High. Read above; big kids that can run are hard to find. Taueli is a space eater and strong at the point of attack.
* My first miss. Sammy has not been offered yet.
5. Elmando McCoy - CB - Surprise Valley Vista. Like Lloyd, McCoy is lean and long. I was very impressed with him when I saw him play live versus North Canyon and more then hold his own against a very talented Bryant O'Georgia. Great ball skills and speed make the trip to surprise worth it for college coaches to see McCoy.
* A huge surprise to me that McCoy doesn't have an offer. He can play! Wyoming, NAU, Western Illinois and South Dakota State have all expressed real interest.
1. Demetrius Flannigan - DB Tucson HS. Flannigan has really made a name for himself with some great showings at camps/combines this Spring. At 6-3 with good cover skills, Flannigan has an intriguing skill set.
* Flannigan committed to Arizona.
2. Taylor Powell - LB Salpointe. Powell has been productive as a varsity player since his freshman year and his junior tape is good. He is a true MLB. Coaches are going t want to see him in person to verify his height.
* Powell has been offered by Fresno State, Colorado State and Nevada. He is expected to make a choice soon.
3. Marlon Roberts - DE Deer Valley. Has the physical tools at 6-3 230 and can get to the passer.
* No offers yet.
4. Nathan Eldridge - DT Boulder Creek. Big, strong and physical d-tackle that actually could be a quality offensive linemen. Had an injury last year that limited his film a bit. Uses his hands well.
* Eldridge got hot. I called this one. Has several offers including Montana, NAU, Air Force and South Dakota State but was offered by Arizona as an OG.
5. Emanuel Gant - QB Tempe. Gant has the tools of today's QB. Strong arm and has the ability to run around. Has impressive size at 6-4 230 and has been ultra productive.
* No offer yet but with players like Lewerke and Sneed off the board, Gant should start to get serious looks.
Scout Football Top Stories
TBT: Heisman Finalists as Seniors on ScoutOn 'Throwback Thursday' Scout rewinds the recruiting clock to take a look at this year's Heisman Trophy finalists as prospects coming out of high school.
Scout Football10:27 AM
East Region Trend MeterThe latest recruiting trends with key prospects in the East Region's 2017 class.
Scout Football9:00 AM
Big 12 Recruiting Notebook (12/8/16)News, notes, and recruiting scoop out of the Big 12...
Scout Football8:43 AM
2017 Under Armour All-America Game RosterCheck out the roster for the 2017 UnderArmour All-America Game in Orlando, Florida on January 1st...
Scout Football8:00 AM