In mid-April I did a two part story featuring 10 players from Arizona that had no D1 offers but I felt would by the time Summer rolled around.
Here is how I did. Six of the ten prospects I highlighted have received offers.
1. Derik Hall - ATH - Tucson Sahuaro. One of my favorite players on tape this year. Hall does a little bit of everything including playing TE, h-back, WR, RB, FB and LB. You can tell on tape that he loves the game but what you can't see on film is exactly how tall he is. Is he 5-11? If he is 6-0 or over, he will land offers as a linebacker.
* Hall ended up getting offers from NAU and South Dakota State as a defensive player.
2. Omar Lloyd - CB - Tucson Sahuaro. Coaches can see two very quality football players at Sahuaro HS. Lloyd's film is impressive. He has great ball skills and is long, looks like he is over 6 feet tall.
* Lloyd also was offered by South Dakota State.
3. Jamison Pruitt - OT - Phoenix O'Connor. Offensive tackles just may be the toughest position to recruit simply because there aren't many big, athletic kids. Pruitt is over 6-4 and weighs 260 pounds. On film he looks athletic. It is only a matter of time before he lands an offer.
* Pruitt got hot and received D1 offers from Montana, UC-Davis and Air Force before committing to NAU.
4. Sammy Taueli - DT - Mesa High. Read above; big kids that can run are hard to find. Taueli is a space eater and strong at the point of attack.
* My first miss. Sammy has not been offered yet.
5. Elmando McCoy - CB - Surprise Valley Vista. Like Lloyd, McCoy is lean and long. I was very impressed with him when I saw him play live versus North Canyon and more then hold his own against a very talented Bryant O'Georgia. Great ball skills and speed make the trip to surprise worth it for college coaches to see McCoy.
* A huge surprise to me that McCoy doesn't have an offer. He can play! Wyoming, NAU, Western Illinois and South Dakota State have all expressed real interest.
1. Demetrius Flannigan - DB Tucson HS. Flannigan has really made a name for himself with some great showings at camps/combines this Spring. At 6-3 with good cover skills, Flannigan has an intriguing skill set.
* Flannigan committed to Arizona.
2. Taylor Powell - LB Salpointe. Powell has been productive as a varsity player since his freshman year and his junior tape is good. He is a true MLB. Coaches are going t want to see him in person to verify his height.
* Powell has been offered by Fresno State, Colorado State and Nevada. He is expected to make a choice soon.
3. Marlon Roberts - DE Deer Valley. Has the physical tools at 6-3 230 and can get to the passer.
* No offers yet.
4. Nathan Eldridge - DT Boulder Creek. Big, strong and physical d-tackle that actually could be a quality offensive linemen. Had an injury last year that limited his film a bit. Uses his hands well.
* Eldridge got hot. I called this one. Has several offers including Montana, NAU, Air Force and South Dakota State but was offered by Arizona as an OG.
5. Emanuel Gant - QB Tempe. Gant has the tools of today's QB. Strong arm and has the ability to run around. Has impressive size at 6-4 230 and has been ultra productive.
* No offer yet but with players like Lewerke and Sneed off the board, Gant should start to get serious looks.
Scout Football Top Stories
Scout's Top 10 National HSFB RankingsScout ranks the Top 10 most elite high school football programs in the country and the first release features 2015's National Champion Las Vegas (Nev.) Bishop Gorman at the top...
Scout Football12:47 PM
2017 West Region Top 150A look at the Preseason West Top 150 for the Class of 2017 where the top two players in the nation lead the way...
Scout Football12:00 PM
Exree Loe Is A Strong Pickup For WVUWest Virginia added a much-needed defensive back to its 2017 class in Exree Loe, and here is how he fits in, and why he is needed.
Scout Football11:48 AM
South's No. 24 WR Sets First Official VisitWho will be the first school Chad Terrell visits this fall? He has one official visit set, he is close to making his decision and you can get the very latest here...
Scout Football5:54 AM
2017 Midlands Region Top 150How do the top prospects from the states of Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma and Texas stack up to one another? Scout takes a player-by-player look at the Top 150 prospects in…
Scout FootballYesterday at 7:11 AM