This was a tough, hard-nosed game with St. Mary's coming from behind and scoring with under 30 seconds to play to knock off a tough Dewitt team.
- Michigan commit Josh Ross was the physical player we have come to expect him to be. He plays fullback in addition to linebacker (where he will play at Michigan) and he really comes down hill and loves contact. He is a strong kid who strikes with power. He shows good burst and straight line speed. We really like his size, physicality and his intangibles. He is a smart kid who reads keys well and that, combined with how well he takes on lead blockers makes me think he is one of the 2017 Wolverine commits with the best chance to play next year.
- Iowa State commit Richard Bowens III had a good game. He had a key run on a jet sweep, a couple catches on offense, a pass breakup and the game-sealing interception. He is a long, athletic prospect. He can add weight and strength still but has the frame to do so and has a chance to compete early in Ames.
- Junior running back Rashawn Allen had three touchdowns to lead the team. After being contained pretty well in the 1st half, he broke out in the 2nd, rushing for all three scores. He has good speed and burst and his compact build and balance was on display. He is not real tall, but he has a good package of skills and we would think he will add to an offer list which already has Temple and several Ivy League schools on it.
- Western Michigan linebacker commit Dwayne Chapman II was excellent. He is very active, always around the ball and was not only a sure tackler, but did well in coverage too. He looks like a difference maker for the Broncos. Fellow WMU commit Ralph Holley is a stout defensive tackle who got good penetration. He also played pretty well on offense. Well enough that center/guard is not completey out of the question in my mind.
- Junior quarterback Caden Prieskorn is tall (6-foot-6) and rebounded from an interception to lead a touchdown drive and fire a nice strike. He is not a finished product but has the physical tools to draw a lot of looks this offseason.
- Shermond Dabney, a Bowling Green commit, really was not tested at corner and while he was back deep on returns, was not given much of a chance to run any back either so we did not see a ton of him in this game.
- For Dewitt, senior defensive end Alec Guillaume was strong, tough and active all game. At 6-foot-4, 245 pounds, he has great size and could grow into an interior guy. Would not surprise us to see a late FCS or FBS offer come his way. The same goes for safety/athlete J.D. Ross who is tough and showed great speed in a long touchdown run and a kickoff return for a touchdown. He also caught a touchdown. Just an excellent all around football player. Offensive lineman Cameron Feguer is a nice sized kid who will definitely play at the next level. Junior defensive back Alan Smith caught my eye as a kid to watch. Tough and always in good position.