LINEMEN HONOR ROLL:
- Normal (Ill.) Community junior Marcellus Johnson impressed. He's a lean kid right now (6-4, 240 pounds) but has good feet and athleticism, he just has to keep adding strength. Teammate Dalton Tevis, a 6-foot-4, 220-pound defensive end flashed edge ability as well.
- Oak Park (Ill.) Fenwick's Austin Glazier is a great sized kid who looked good in drills. While he did not win
- Homewood-Flossmoor (Ill.) defensive end Jeffrey Griffin played center for the Vikings last
- Once again Isaiah Lee did very well at an event. The Nazareth Academy junior uses his hands well and won a majority of his one on ones.
- Of the young guys, one that flashed to us was Denver Warren (6-3, 282 pounds) from Aurora Christian, a freshman who has a chance to be a heavily recruited defensive tackle. Junior teammate Braxton Mayes, a 6-foot-3, 285-pounder, is another who won several reps.
- LaGrange (Ill.) Lyons Township's Kevin
- Other young guys who impressed: Matthew Keeler (2019, offensive tackle, Nazareth Academy), Emmett Cushing (2019, offensive lineman, Lyons Township), Kevin Kaufman (2019, guard, Highland Park), Brett Groves (2019, offensive tackle, Cary-Grove). On defense, DeAndre Johnson from Chicago Phillips is a sophomore who has a chance to be a D1 guy.
DEFENSIVE STANDOUTS (LB/DB)
- Mount Carmel's Terrance Taylor and Lake Zurich's Jack Sanborn both came in with offers and both had good showings. Taylor is a
- In the defensive backfield, Rockford (Ill.)
OFFENSIVE STANDOUTS (SKILL POSITIONS)
- At quarterback, Samson Evans worked out at that position. It is the position he wants to play in college despite some schools seeing him as an athlete. Once he got rolling, he threw the ball well, but it is still to be determined where his highest upside will be in college. Some schools have offered him as a quarterback. For the second straight event, Kyle
- Other quarterbacks of note, Mundelein (Ill.) junior Anthony Norris and Chicago Phillips junior J'Bore Gibbs. Zachary Wisnieski from Joliet Central had a couple of nice throws. Tyler Sudduth from Rich South is a 6-foot-6 sophomore who is raw but showed a lot of
- At wide receiver, Micah Jones came in with all the offers. His size makes him a tough matchup, he is into the offseason now and training, so he is continuing to work on his game. I'Shawn Stewart from Bolingbrook is
- At running back Henry Geil is a good-sized kid from Wisconsin who is built like a college player already. Another junior who won a lot of 1-1 reps was Kriston Davis from Belleville West, who is very quick and fast and caught the ball well. Craig Elmore from Phillips also had several good moments including leaving some backers standing in 1-1s.