Ok, the 2017 class is in the books, so let's get ready for 2018. Who are the kids to know in New York?
Scout takes a look at the "Must Know" prospects in Empire State's 2018 class, and the latest happenings in their recruitment.
1. The top player in New York has a star-studded offer list, but Jeremy Ruckert is already far along in his recruitment. The athletic tight end, who can line up in the slot or wide, recently visited Ohio State for a junior day, and the Buckeyes are in very good shape with him. Alabama, Michigan, Wisconsin and Florida State comprise his top five, but Ruckert said a scheduled spring visit to Notre Dame could move the Irish deeper into the mix.
2. For the second straight cycle, Brooklyn is home to one of the top offensive linemen in the East. This time it is Erasmus Hall's Matt Jones, a strong, athletic and long offensive tackle prospect who could also play inside. Jones has long been considered an Ohio State lean because of the connections between his school and the Buckeyes. However, Clemson Alabama, Florida, Michigan, Miami, Georgia and Penn State are each involved with Jones.
3. Qadir White, a 6-foot-7 offensive tackle from Bronx Cardinal Hayes, already picked up some big-time offers, including a recent one from Georgia. Rutgers, Syracuse, Maryland, Boston College, Minnesota and Pittsburgh also extended offers. He is slated to visit Penn State on Feb. 26, and an offer is expected to come out of it.
4. Zihir Lacewell is incredibly athletic and he could develop into a front line outside linebacker because of his ability to run and change direction The Staten Island Tottenville standout holds offers from Rutgers, Temple, Maryland, Pittsburgh and Syracuse. Lacewell has not made many visits, but he did stop by Rutgers. His teammate, Tim Barrow, signed with Rutgers in the 2017 class. He said he will be back on Rutgers' campus on Feb. 18.
5. Aron Cruickshank is perhaps the most electric player in New York's 2018 class. He plays quarterback at Erasmus Hall but he is being recruited as a slot receiver. He holds offers from Ohio State, Michigan, Syracuse and Rutgers. The connection with Erasmus Hall and Ohio State make the Buckeyes the early favorite, but a lot will have to play out before a decision is made.
6. Amad Anderson is a dynamic athlete with the ability to player receiver or defensive back in college. The Staten Island Curtis star holds offers from Rutgers, Syracuse and Maryland, and he is also speaking with Virginia Tech, Connecticut and Temple. He is in the process of setting up visits during the next few months. His schedule is tight now because he is playing basketball.
7. Trill Williams was committed to Rutgers for a few weeks, but the White Plains (N.Y.) Archbishop Stepinac standout pulled back his commitment after he realized other programs were still interested. His concern came after his missed much of his junior season with an injury. He made a recent visit to Syracuse and was offered. He also holds offers from Boston College and Buffalo.
8. Sean Ryan is a big-bodied receiver who can high point the ball and is not afraid to go over the middle. The Erasmus Hall standout holds offers from Rutgers, Syracuse, Maryland, Temple, Western Michigan and Bowling Green. He plans on visiting Maryland in the spring, and return trip to Rutgers is in the works.
9. Stevie Scott is a big running back who is physical and also shows good burst. The Syracuse (N.Y.) Christian Brothers prospect has an offer from the hometown school so the Orange are in good shape there. Pittsburgh and Boston College also offered Scott.
10. Paul Woods is the latest player out of Buffalo Canisius to catch the eye of FBS schools. He holds offers from Rutgers, Boston College and Buffalo. He made a trip to Rutgers for Junior Day in late January, and he is planning to camp there in June.
Ten More to Watch
11. Lucas Nunez, WR, Bronx Cardinal Hayes
12. Gabe Horan, TE, Baldwinsville (N.Y.) Baker
13. Re'Mahn Davis, ATH, Trinity-Pawling (N.Y.) School
14. Dylan McDuffie, OLB, Athol Springs (N.Y.) St. Francis
15. Cory Gross Jr., CB, Brockport (N.Y.) High
16. Jalin Cooper, WR, Medina (N.Y.) High
17. Dan Fedor, OT, Elmira (N.Y.) Southside
18. Chris Chernak, OT, Brooklyn Grand Street
19. Calvin Rivera, OT, Pittsford (N.Y.) High
20. Braeden Zenelovic, QB, Ontario Center (N.Y.) Wayne