Scout identifies 2018 prospects in the state of Louisiana who have earned the bump to four-star status during the rankings updates of the past few weeks.
Justin Rogers, QB, Bossier City (La.) Parkway
- Rogers is the top quarterback in Louisiana and one of the top prospects regardless of position after the recent updates. He owns double-digit offers, including TCU, Louisville, LSU, North Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas. The Horned Frogs lead for Rogers.
- Keys emerged as one of the state's most sought-after recruits this semester with more than 30 offers from across the country. He sits at the No. 3 spot among Louisiana receivers, a loaded position group in this cycle. Keys owns offers from nine of the SEC's 14 programs.
Joseph Foucha, Safety, New Orleans McDonogh 35
- One of the top overall defensive prospects in Louisiana, Foucha owns about 30 offers from programs nationwide. Foucha jumped into the latest 2018 Scout 300 with the recent rankings update. His offers include Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida State, Michigan, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, TCU, Tennessee, and Texas A&M.
Glenn Beal, TE, River Ridge (La.) John Curtis Christian
- Beal owns the frame requisite for multiple positions as he projects to the college level: tight end, defensive end, even offensive tackle. But his double-digit offers all appear to be for tight end, where he's a huge prospect with intriguing athletic ability. Schools such as Alabama, Auburn, LSU, and Ole Miss want Beal.
- St. Julien proved his athleticism at The Opening Dallas in early March, when he ran a laser-timed 4.45-second 40. He's picked up half a dozen FBS offers in a short time period, including his first Power Five offer from Ole Miss.
- Like receiver, the secondary spots are loaded in Louisiana for 2018. McDonald is one of the fastest-risers thanks to great junior tape and a strong performance at The Opening Houston in early February. McDonald recently hit double-digit offers, including P5 offers from Northwestern, Ole Miss, Vanderbilt, and Virginia.
Ja'Marr Chase, WR, Metairie (La.) Archbishop Rummel
- More than 30 schools have offered Chase, an imposing receiver at a solid 6-foot-1, 193 pounds. He stretches the field vertically and gains plenty of yards after the catch. Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, LSU, Ole Miss, TCU, and Tennessee are among Chase's numerous offers.
Jammal Houston, WR, Marrero (La.) John Ehret
- Houston could play either side of the ball at the P5 level, but will likely wind up on offense as yet another talented receiver in the 2018 class from "The Boot." Houston's offer list exploded this semester and approaches 30 with the spring evaluation period looming. LSU, Arkansas, Auburn, Georgia, and others have offered.