Football Recruiting News:
* One of the nation's top recruits at any position, Wayne (N.J.) Wayne Hills tight end Greg Olson, has set three visits and is looking at three other schools for the remaining two trips.
The 6-6, 240 pounder will visit Notre Dame (where his older brother Chris is a redshirt freshman QB) Dec. 6, Tennessee Dec. 13 and Michigan on Jan. 10. The other three schools competing for the remaining two trips are Miami, Florida State and Syracuse.
* Standout quarterback Syvelle Newton of Bennettsville (S.C.) Marlboro County still lists South Carolina as his leader despite the commitment of Blake Mitchell to the Gamecocks, but is looking around for other schools to visit. The 6-2, 210 pounder will trip to UCLA and USC (Southern Cal) for sure, but is yet to set the dates. He's also looking at visiting Clemson, FSU and Miami.
* Edmund (Okla.) Memorial linebacker Dane Zaslaw is now down to three schools. The linebacker from will take his final official visit to LSU this weekend and he hopes to have a decision in the next few weeks. The 6-1, 240 pounder, who ran a 4.56 40 and benched 30 reps at the Nike Camp in Texas, has already visited Oklahoma and Texas A&M, his other two finalists.
* Durrell Moss, a 6-0, 175 pound running back from Orange (Calif.) who rushed for 1,743 yards and 20 TDs as a junior, has committed to Washington. Moss clocked a 4.44 in the 40-yard dash and posted a 34-inch vertical jump at the Nike Camp in Los Angeles and chose the Huskies over offers from Arizona State, Colorado State and UNLV.
* 6-4, 290 pound offensive lineman Marion Dukes out of Pickens (S.C.) has decided to stay instate and will play his college football at Clemson. Dukes chose the Tigers over Georgia, South Carolina, Maryland and others.
* Harbor City (Calif.) Narbonne athlete Antwan Applewhite has committed to San Diego State. The 6-2, 210 pound tight end/defensive end took an unofficial visit to San Diego State this past weekend and made his decision official.
* Iowa State picked up a commitment from Bastian Schober, a 6-3, 290 pound offensive lineman from Granbury (Texas). Schober is originally Nuremberg, Germany.
* Tulane has a commitment from guard Troy Aaron of Lake Charles (La.) St. Louis Catholic. The 6-1, 175 pound guard, who averaged 24 points as a junior, chose the Green Wave over offers from DePaul, West Virginia, Houston and Louisiana Tech.
* Nevada has pledged 6-2 guard Kyle Shiloh of Bakersfield (Calif.) Garces.
* Indianapolis (Ind.) Cardinal Ritter point guard E.J. Maul will play at Miami. Maul averaged 10 points and four assists per game as a sophomore at Ritter but did not play last season after transferring to Indianapolis (Ind.) Perry Meridian and then back to Ritter.
The Daily Recruiting Word
Scout Football Top Stories
Huskies Land 4-star QB YankoffCoeur d'Alene (Idaho) four-star quarterback Colson Yankoff committed to Washington on Wednesday night.
Scout Football8:30 PM
The Opening New Orleans: Top SleepersNEW ORLEANS -- Scout identifies some of the under-the-radar prospects who stood out at The Opening New Orleans.
Scout Football4:45 PM
4-star WR Thomas Has a Few Standing OutSanta Fe Springs (Calif.) four-star receiver Dylan Thomas has a few schools standing out to him...
Scout Football3:30 PM
4-Star Jones Goes In-Depth on Top SchoolsScout gets a recruiting update from four-star safety Cam'ron Jones, who is looking closely at five schools as his mid-April decision date approaches...
Scout Football11:50 AM