Football Recruiting News:
* One of the nation's top recruits at any position, Wayne (N.J.) Wayne Hills tight end Greg Olson, has set three visits and is looking at three other schools for the remaining two trips.
The 6-6, 240 pounder will visit Notre Dame (where his older brother Chris is a redshirt freshman QB) Dec. 6, Tennessee Dec. 13 and Michigan on Jan. 10. The other three schools competing for the remaining two trips are Miami, Florida State and Syracuse.
* Standout quarterback Syvelle Newton of Bennettsville (S.C.) Marlboro County still lists South Carolina as his leader despite the commitment of Blake Mitchell to the Gamecocks, but is looking around for other schools to visit. The 6-2, 210 pounder will trip to UCLA and USC (Southern Cal) for sure, but is yet to set the dates. He's also looking at visiting Clemson, FSU and Miami.
* Edmund (Okla.) Memorial linebacker Dane Zaslaw is now down to three schools. The linebacker from will take his final official visit to LSU this weekend and he hopes to have a decision in the next few weeks. The 6-1, 240 pounder, who ran a 4.56 40 and benched 30 reps at the Nike Camp in Texas, has already visited Oklahoma and Texas A&M, his other two finalists.
* Durrell Moss, a 6-0, 175 pound running back from Orange (Calif.) who rushed for 1,743 yards and 20 TDs as a junior, has committed to Washington. Moss clocked a 4.44 in the 40-yard dash and posted a 34-inch vertical jump at the Nike Camp in Los Angeles and chose the Huskies over offers from Arizona State, Colorado State and UNLV.
* 6-4, 290 pound offensive lineman Marion Dukes out of Pickens (S.C.) has decided to stay instate and will play his college football at Clemson. Dukes chose the Tigers over Georgia, South Carolina, Maryland and others.
* Harbor City (Calif.) Narbonne athlete Antwan Applewhite has committed to San Diego State. The 6-2, 210 pound tight end/defensive end took an unofficial visit to San Diego State this past weekend and made his decision official.
* Iowa State picked up a commitment from Bastian Schober, a 6-3, 290 pound offensive lineman from Granbury (Texas). Schober is originally Nuremberg, Germany.
* Tulane has a commitment from guard Troy Aaron of Lake Charles (La.) St. Louis Catholic. The 6-1, 175 pound guard, who averaged 24 points as a junior, chose the Green Wave over offers from DePaul, West Virginia, Houston and Louisiana Tech.
* Nevada has pledged 6-2 guard Kyle Shiloh of Bakersfield (Calif.) Garces.
* Indianapolis (Ind.) Cardinal Ritter point guard E.J. Maul will play at Miami. Maul averaged 10 points and four assists per game as a sophomore at Ritter but did not play last season after transferring to Indianapolis (Ind.) Perry Meridian and then back to Ritter.
The Daily Recruiting Word
Scout Football Top Stories
ACC, Big Ten after 2018 OT EdwardsSOUTH VIEW, N.C. -- Mike Edwards' recruitment is gaining momentum and the 2018 offensive tackle gave Scout the latest.
Scout FootballYesterday at 1:18 PM
2018 4-star Lenzy Adds More From Pac-12Tigard (Ore.) 2018 four-star athlete Braden Lenzy added a new Pac-12 offer and more schools are keeping a close watch on him...
Scout FootballYesterday at 12:00 PM
Big 12 Recruiting Notebook (10/20/16)News, notes and recruiting scoop out of the Big 12...
Scout FootballYesterday at 7:54 AM
No. 1 WR in Alabama Headed Back to TuscaloosaScout 300 wide receiver Nico Collins is staying home this weekend. Staying home in his state that is. The No. 1 wide receiver in Alabama will be in Tuscaloosa Saturday...
Scout FootballYesterday at 5:56 AM
Another Elite WR is Emerging in LouisianaDevonta Smith is the guy in 2017. It looks like it will be Terrace Marshall in 2018. Who will be the No. 1 wide receiver in Louisiana for 2019? Could it be Trey Palmer?
Scout FootballYesterday at 5:51 AM