Football Recruiting News:
* One of the nation's top recruits at any position, Wayne (N.J.) Wayne Hills tight end Greg Olson, has set three visits and is looking at three other schools for the remaining two trips.
The 6-6, 240 pounder will visit Notre Dame (where his older brother Chris is a redshirt freshman QB) Dec. 6, Tennessee Dec. 13 and Michigan on Jan. 10. The other three schools competing for the remaining two trips are Miami, Florida State and Syracuse.
* Standout quarterback Syvelle Newton of Bennettsville (S.C.) Marlboro County still lists South Carolina as his leader despite the commitment of Blake Mitchell to the Gamecocks, but is looking around for other schools to visit. The 6-2, 210 pounder will trip to UCLA and USC (Southern Cal) for sure, but is yet to set the dates. He's also looking at visiting Clemson, FSU and Miami.
* Edmund (Okla.) Memorial linebacker Dane Zaslaw is now down to three schools. The linebacker from will take his final official visit to LSU this weekend and he hopes to have a decision in the next few weeks. The 6-1, 240 pounder, who ran a 4.56 40 and benched 30 reps at the Nike Camp in Texas, has already visited Oklahoma and Texas A&M, his other two finalists.
* Durrell Moss, a 6-0, 175 pound running back from Orange (Calif.) who rushed for 1,743 yards and 20 TDs as a junior, has committed to Washington. Moss clocked a 4.44 in the 40-yard dash and posted a 34-inch vertical jump at the Nike Camp in Los Angeles and chose the Huskies over offers from Arizona State, Colorado State and UNLV.
* 6-4, 290 pound offensive lineman Marion Dukes out of Pickens (S.C.) has decided to stay instate and will play his college football at Clemson. Dukes chose the Tigers over Georgia, South Carolina, Maryland and others.
* Harbor City (Calif.) Narbonne athlete Antwan Applewhite has committed to San Diego State. The 6-2, 210 pound tight end/defensive end took an unofficial visit to San Diego State this past weekend and made his decision official.
* Iowa State picked up a commitment from Bastian Schober, a 6-3, 290 pound offensive lineman from Granbury (Texas). Schober is originally Nuremberg, Germany.
* Tulane has a commitment from guard Troy Aaron of Lake Charles (La.) St. Louis Catholic. The 6-1, 175 pound guard, who averaged 24 points as a junior, chose the Green Wave over offers from DePaul, West Virginia, Houston and Louisiana Tech.
* Nevada has pledged 6-2 guard Kyle Shiloh of Bakersfield (Calif.) Garces.
* Indianapolis (Ind.) Cardinal Ritter point guard E.J. Maul will play at Miami. Maul averaged 10 points and four assists per game as a sophomore at Ritter but did not play last season after transferring to Indianapolis (Ind.) Perry Meridian and then back to Ritter.
The Daily Recruiting Word
Scout Football Top Stories
Scout 300 DT On Board; What UF Should Expect?Florida just picked up a commitment from Fred Hansard, the No .17 defensive tackle in the nation, and Scout takes a look at what the Gators are getting.
Scout Football6:39 AM
South's No. 24 WR Sets First Official VisitWho will be the first school Chad Terrell visits this fall? He has one official visit set, he is close to making his decision and you can get the very latest here...
Scout Football5:54 AM
Watch Bo Jackson's nephew in actionMONTGOMERY, Ala. -- Shedrick Jackson has carved his own path as a college football prospect and Scout saw the opening act of his junior season last week.
Scout Football4:45 AM
Big 12, AAC Schools in Mind for Edge RusherMANSFIELD, Texas -- A few Big 12 schools and an AAC program are in mind for possible fall visits from 2017 outside linebacker David Anenih, who put up big defensive numbers in his…
Scout FootballYesterday at 11:53 PM