* One of the top prospects in the Sooner State, linebacker Dane Zaslaw of Edmond (Okla.) Memorial, has committed to the Oklahoma Sooners, over Texas A&M and LSU. Zaslaw had over 20 offers, headed by the Sooners, LSU, Texas A&M, Notre Dame, Michigan State and others.
The 6-1, 240 pound Zaslaw clocked a 4.56 in the 40 and benched 30 reps at the Nike Camp in Texas, and had already officially visited all three of his finalists. Oklahoma now has seven verbals, all of whom had at least five other scholarship offers.
Other Football Commitments:
* 6-7, 245 pound offensive lineman Tyler Polumbus of Englewood (Col.) Cherry Creek, has chosen Colorado over Arizona, Washington, Vanderbilt and Kansas State. Polumbus also visited Arizona and Nebraska before deciding on the Buffaloes.
* 6-3, 190 pound wide receiver Bryan Williamson of Worthington (Ohio) committed to Ball State over offers from Bowling Green and Eastern Michigan. Williamson clocked a 4.57 in the 40 at the Nike Camp in Michigan.
* Baylor has a commitment from offensive lineman Garrett Mason of McAllen (Texas). The 6-5, 265 pounder says he'd still like to take some trips though and is also looking at Purdue, Duke and New Mexico.
Football Recruiting News:
* San Antonio (Texas) Clark defensive lineman Zane Tomlin (3.25 GPA, 890 SAT) says he's still committed to Colorado, but will likely take some visits just to make sure.
"I'm still going on my visits - Penn State, Illinois, maybe Oregon, Colorado and Missouri. I'm still pretty sure it's Colorado, but nothing is official until Feb. 6th so I'm just trying to cover all my bases," Tomlin says.
He currently has offers on the table from the Buffs, Missouri, Oklahoma State and Baylor. The 6-2, 275 pounder clocked a 4.88 in the 40, a 4.38 shuttle and benched 28 reps at the Nike Camp in Texas and has 70 tackles, 20 for loss and five sacks through his first seven games this fall.
* Outstanding CB/WR Ryan Gilliam (2.9 GPA) of Tallahassee (Fla.) Lincoln has set all five of his official visits. The 5-10, 175 pounder will visit Illinois (Dec. 13), Clemson (Jan. 10), Florida (Jan. 17), Georgia (Jan. 24) and Florida State (Jan. 31). The speedy playmaker lists those five as his favorites along with Notre Dame and all have offered except the Fighting Irish.
* 6-2, 185 pound receiver Craig Davis (2.6 GPA, 18 ACT) of New Orleans (La.) O. Perry Walker, has setup his first visit, to instate power LSU, for December 16th. Davis, who caught 46 balls for 916 yards and 15 TDs as a junior, lists LSU and Miami as his co-favorites followed by Clemson, Colorado and Tennessee. All have offered except Miami, where Davis' close friend Akieem Jolla signed last year.
* Hot 100 offensive lineman Ofa Mohetau of Euless (Texas) Trinity, who's been mum for quite sometime on his college favorites, looks like he's finally decided on a final five. The 6-3, 335 pounder's coach Steve Lineweaver said that Mohetau will visit Miami, ASU, BYU, Oklahoma and Texas after the season is over.
* Brooklyn (N.Y.) Fort Hamilton safety Michael Meggett (3.2 GPA) has received his first two offers, from Uconn and Vanderbilt, and expects that more are on the way. The 6-1, 205 pounder is the cousin of former NY Giants and Patriots' standout David Meggett and clocked a 4.29 in the shuttle and posted a 33-inch vertical at the Nike Camp in Pennsylvania back in April.
* Fort Myers (Fla.) Bishop Verot wideout Anthony Trolio (2.9 GPA) looks like he's on his way to another All-State selection this fall, as the 6-0, 170 pounder has caught 32 balls for 654 yards and nine touchdowns through his team's first seven games.
Trolio, who was a Class 2A All-Stater last year as a junior, catching 48 balls for 724 yards and 12 scores, has been getting weekly phone calls from Georgia Tech, Florida, Bowling Green and South Florida. He clocked a 4.55 in the 40, a 4.19 shuttle, benched 16 reps and posted a 30-inch vertical at the Nike Camp in Miami.
* Punter/defensive back Nathan Trott of Waco (Texas) Midway, has received his first two offers from Air Force and Elon. The 5-11, 175 pounder has been averaging over 35 yards per punt this fall and has pinned the opponent inside the 10-yard line 10 times already. Trott, who clocked a 4.60 in the 40 at the Nike Camp in North Carolina, also has one interception and 25 tackles on defense.
Basketball Recruiting News:
* 6-9, 200 pound forward/center Longar Longar of Rochester (Minn.) John Marshall, has yet to commit to Oklahoma, according to coaches at his high school. Longar tripped to Norman last weekend and reportedly committed to the Sooners, but coaches at Marshall High denied that he officially committed. Oklahoma still appears to lead UConn for Student Sports' No. 69th ranked Hot 100 prospect, with Fresno State and Minnesota now seemingly on the outside looking in. He averaged 14 points and 12 rebounds as a junior.
* 7-3, 255 pound center Shagari Alleyne , the 25th ranked prospect in the nation according to Student Sports, is near a decison between Rutgers, Kentucky, St. John's, Pepperdine, UConn and Louisville.
* Forward Sheray Thomas of Upper Marlboro (Md.) Riverdale Baptist, is near a decison between Kentucky and Virginia. The 6-8, 220 pounder averaged 19 points and 11 rebounds per game as a junior.
The Daily Recruiting Word
Scout Football Top Stories
EForce Football Memorial Day 7v7 InvitationalEForce's Jordan Johnson previews the EForce Football Memorial Day 7v7 Invitational...
Scout FootballYesterday at 7:10 AM
3-star WR Fifita Has Several WatchingMilpitas (Calif.) receiver Tuni Fifita has had a number of schools stop by to see him this spring...
Scout FootballFriday at 3:30 PM
Gainer Follows His Heart to TallahasseeAmari Gainer, a Florida-based 2018 outside linebacker, will follow in his parents' footsteps by attending Florida State University.
Scout FootballFriday at 12:59 PM
PSU 4-Star Commit Humphries to Enroll EarlyScout catches up with four-star Penn State commit Isaiah Humphries following the conclusion of one of his final spring practices.
Scout FootballFriday at 12:13 PM
Twins Gemon and German Green Talk MichiganScout speaks with twin brothers Gemon and German Green at DeSoto (Texas) about committing to the Michigan Wolverines.
Scout FootballFriday at 12:01 PM