Football Recruiting News:
* "I visit Virginia next week (Dec. 13th) and that will be it," says Pittsburgh (Pa.) Woodland Hills Hot 100 safety Ryan Mundy . "Hopefully I'll have my decision by Christmas.
"Coach (Walt) Harris and some of his staff were in on Monday for an in home visit," said Mundy, who's already officially visited Michigan and NC State. "Next week Penn State will be in Tuesday and Michigan will be in on Wednesday. I think North Carolina State will be here Monday and Virginia on Thursday, but they are going to call first."
Pittsburgh and Michigan are considered strong leaders for the 6-2, 200 pounder at this point.
* One of the nation's top defensive linemen, Irvington (N.J.) tackle Nate Robinson , has shuffled his schedule of official trips. "I'm not going to trip to Michigan State or Georgia anymore," the 6-4, 320 pounder said. "I'm going to Rutgers this weekend (Dec. 6th), then Virginia or Dec. 13th, Miami on Dec. 20th, Maryland on Jan. 10th and North Carolina on Jan. 17th." Robinson says Miami is still his leader.
* "I had fun," said Hot 100 defensive Donte Whitner out of Cleveland (Ohio) Glenville of his trip to USC. "It was pretty much the same as Ohio State, except there was a lot more to see.
"They said I would be able to play early and they have some of the best coaches in country in Coach Carroll and Coach Burns," the 5-11, 180 pounder said.
"Tomorrow I have an in home visit with Michigan Coach Loeffler," said Whitner. He'll visit Michigan this weekend, Notre Dame Dec. 12th and Miami Dec. 20th.
* 6-2, 180 pound DeCody Fagg of Quincy (Fla.) Shanks finished his senior season with 15 touchdown catches and has setup three official visits. "I'm visiting Georgia on Jan. 17th, Florida on Jan. 24th and Florida State on Jan. 31st. FSU is my leader right now," said Fagg.
* Venice (Calif.) wideout B.J. Vickers will likely go over 1,500 receiving yards this week when Venice takes Taft in the L.A. City Section Semifinals. The 6-2, 205 pounder has 69 catches for 1,434 yards and 16 scores through his first 12 games. Vickers has already visited Oregon (Oct. 18), and has trips setup for Washington on Dec. 13th and Cal on Dec. 20th.
* "I am currently being contacted by Purdue, Indiana, Michigan, Toledo, and Western Michigan," says Lafayette (Ind.) Jefferson wideout Dustin Keller . The 6-2, 190 pounder set Indiana state records this fall as a senior, catching 115 passes for 1,850 yards and 22 scores. He had an outstanding junior season as well, reeling in 63 balls for 1,168 yards and eight touchdowns. Keller clocked a 4.47 in the shuttle and posted a 32-inch vertical jump this spring at the Nike Camp in Alabama.
* A rising senior to keep an eye on in South Florida is Hollywood McArthur running back David "The Junior Admiral" Robinson . The 5-8, 165 pound back has come out of nowhere to lead Dade and Broward Counties in rushing, topping the 2,000 yard mark in just 11 games. Robinson compares favorably to Oklahoma's Quentin Griffin and already has an offer from Iowa State.
* Another sleeper to watch out for is Detroit (Mich.) Central Catholic defensive back Randell Means . The 5-8, 175 pounder helped his team to a 13-1 record this fall, returning three punts for scores as well as corralling 10 interceptions at cornerback. He had a stellar showing at the Nike Camp in Michigan, clocking a 4.54 in the 40, a 4.33 shuttle, benching 24 reps and posting a 33-inch vertical jump. Right now he's only hearing from Western and Central Michigan.
* Richardson (Texas) Berkner cornerback Stephen Strobbe finished his senior season with 69 tackles and 3 fumble recoveries. The 5-10, 175 pounder, who clocked a 4.50 in the 40, 4.19 shuttle, and posted a 33-inch vertical at the Nike Camp in Texas, is currently getting calls from Army, Navy and New Mexico and is in the process of setting up trips to each school.
* Ohio State picked up a commitment from Student Sports Hot 100 selection David Patterson , a 6-3, 265 pound defensive lineman from Warrensville Heights (Ohio). Patterson had taken official visits to Miami, Boston College and Ohio State and was scheduled to visit Florida State before making his decision. The talented lineman totaled 94 tackles this past season including 20 for loss and blocked five kicks.
* Dan Mazan , a 6-4, 290 pound offensive lineman from Carteret (N.J) has committed to Penn State. The talented lineman had over 40 scholarship offers and was planning to visit Nebraska, Ohio State and Florida but will now only visit Penn State.
* Clemson has picked up a commitment from talented WR/DB Sergio Gilliam out of Greer (S.C.). The 6-3, 175 pounder had 10 TDs on offense and eight interceptions on defense as a senior and chose the Tigers over offers from Tennessee, Georgia and South Carolina.
* 6-7, 275 pound offensive lineman Tyler Luellen of Bethany (Mo.) South Harrison, has chosen the homestate Missouri Tigers over Kansas, Illinois, Oklahoma State and Colorado State.
* Another talented player from the Show Me State, Blue Springs (Mo.) LB Bruce Ringwood , has decided to leave the state, as he's committed to Kansas. The 6-1, 205 pound was a Student Sports Junior All-American last fall.
* Tulane has pledge Harvey (La.) West Jefferson defensive end Alvin Johnson . The 6-3, 235 pounder, who had 56 tackles and 12 sacks this fall, also had offers from Memphis and Louisiana-Lafayette.
The Daily Recruiting Word
Scout Football Top Stories
EForce Football Memorial Day 7v7 InvitationalEForce's Jordan Johnson previews the EForce Football Memorial Day 7v7 Invitational...
Scout FootballYesterday at 7:10 AM
3-star WR Fifita Has Several WatchingMilpitas (Calif.) receiver Tuni Fifita has had a number of schools stop by to see him this spring...
Scout FootballFriday at 3:30 PM
Gainer Follows His Heart to TallahasseeAmari Gainer, a Florida-based 2018 outside linebacker, will follow in his parents' footsteps by attending Florida State University.
Scout FootballFriday at 12:59 PM
PSU 4-Star Commit Humphries to Enroll EarlyScout catches up with four-star Penn State commit Isaiah Humphries following the conclusion of one of his final spring practices.
Scout FootballFriday at 12:13 PM