Anderson informed Scout.com that he will be taking an official visit this weekend to USC, to check out the Trojan program.
"I will be going to visit USC this weekend, and I'm looking forward to seeing what they have to offer," he stated. "USC is very interested in me, and I'm also very interested in seeing the campus, and meeting with the coaches. What high school player wouldn't be interested in USC?"
In a surprise announcement, Anderson also stated that he has been engaged in dialogue with Ohio State recently, and he is looking for clarification on their scholarship number situation.
"I am actually waiting right now, to see what Ohio State will do, as far as how many scholarship openings they might have," Anderson admitted. "I have had conversations with Ohio State, and things are good between us, real good. If Ohio State gets back to me and tells me they definitely have a scholarship for me, I would certainly have to consider it. Things need to be better than what I have right now with West Virginia to make me consider switching schools."
He attempted to clarify his situation, in regards to his previous commitment to West Virginia.
"I am still committed to West Virginia, and I want to make that clear," he stressed. "I'm not out there looking to change my mind at all. I just want to be 100% sure that I'm making the right choice in going there. I'm really good friends with Barry Brunetti, and I feel comfortable with the West Virginia coaching staff. Barry and I are really good friends."
Although these can be stressful times for both high school players and college coaches, Anderson said he's not really bothered by his impending decision.
"I'm just taking it as it comes, and if it's at all stressful, it's just a little bit," he stated emphatically. "I know that coaches are going to do what is best for them, so I need to do what's best for me. That's the advice I got from my dad just last night, so that's what I'm going to do. I'm just going to make sure I make a great decision."
"I really don't think I can make a bad decision with any of my choices," he admitted. "If I don't get this figured out by Signing Day, than I will surely sign within a day or two. I think I can get it all sorted out after this trip to USC, and I get home to think things through."