Anderson Will Not Sign Soon

Cleveland (OH) Glenville star Latwan Anderson committed to West Virginia at the USAAAB last month, but he will not be signing his letter of intent on National Signing Day. Anderson indicated he is considering three schools, West Virginia, Ohio State and USC. Bill Greene spoke to Anderson to get the latest news.

Latwan Anderson, Cleveland (OH), committed to West Virginia earlier in January, but he will not be signing with the Mountaineers on National Signing Day, as he is now undecided about his college choice.

Anderson stated he is still considering West Virginia, but also has Ohio State and USC in the mix.

"Basically, everything is on hold right now, and three schools are all bunched together," Anderson said of his situation. "I'm down to USC, West Virginia and Ohio State, and all schools have shown me enough to know that they would all be good places for me."

He said he is still in his evaluation process of trying to learn as much as possible about each school, so he can make the best decision for himself and his family.

"I'm really trying to learn more about USC, because they're the school I know the least," he stated. "I'm doing my homework, and I need to see if USC stacks up to what I know I have with West Virginia and Ohio State. They should be heavily in the mix when I decide to sign my letter. I'm visiting USC in two weeks and I will make my decision then. I know their staff a little bit, when they tried to recruit me when they were at Tennessee. I like them and feel comfortable with them, but I need to learn more, and the visit will accomplish that for me."

West Virginia is still heavily in the mix, and Anderson is appreciative of the continued support from the Mountaineer staff.

"I just got off the phone with Coach (Bill) Stewart, and he is aware of my situation, and has been for two weeks," Anderson said. "Coach told me to take my time and make the best decision for me. They still have a spot for me and they said they will be there for me to the end of the process. That's why I committed to them in the first place, and I admire them greatly. They have been there from the beginning, and I feel I have so much respect for them, that I must be honest with everything that's going on."

Finally, the home-state school, Ohio State, is still a possible destination for Anderson, and he has been in contact recently with the Buckeye staff.

"I just heard, minutes ago, that they have a spot for me, and although I haven't spoken to Coach (Jim) Tressel today, (Glenville head coach) Ted Ginn just told me they still want me," Anderson explained. "If I decide that's where I want to be, they are still there for me, and that is another option. I'm glad to have that situation clarified with Ohio State."

Being faced with such a tough decision is obviously weighing heavily on Anderson, and he admitted he might not know how to separate the three schools.

"If I knew how to separate them right now, I would go ahead and sign," he said emphatically. "That's the answer I do not have right now. I might not be signing for a while, and it might take a few more weeks. This is the biggest decision of my life, and when I know for sure, I will announce it."

Scout Football Top Stories