- His campus office is decorated in Victorian style, featuring oriental rugs, a leather tufted chair, a presidential desk and velvet red curtains.
- The only newspaper he reads is the Tuscaloosa News.
- He eats Little Debbie pies for breakfast and an iceberg lettuce salad every day for lunch.
- His practices are planned months in advance.
- He's turned down NFL jobs and no longer believes being an NFL head coach is "the No. 1 thing."
- He's proud of his drug outreach program while he was head coach for the Miami Dolphins and says he believe it helped Ricky Williams.
- He says if players didn't get drafted in the first or second round, they "should've stayed in school" and that most prospects' stock "goes down, not up."
- He believes the linemen downfield rule has forged a stylistic divide between the NFL and college games. "Because what college offenses have done, we call it RPOs [Run Pass Options]," Saban said. "If you're on a running play, and these two guys are on a slant, and the quarterback just pulls the ball and [throws] a slant and the offensive linemen don’t even know if it’s a pass. So it’s impossible to coach defensive players."
8 Things We Learned from MMBQ's Nick Saban profile
Scout CFB Top Stories
A December Signing Period is Coming to CFBCollege football prospects in the class of 2018 will be able to sign a National Letter of Intent starting December 20th, 2017...
Will USC's bye-bye sked define Trojans?One challenge for USC in 2017 hasn't been much remarked about yet but will it be a factor? We examine it here.
USCFootball.comMonday at 10:51 AM
Jonathan Giles commits to LSUFormer Texas Tech wide receiver Jonathan Giles announced his commitment to LSU Monday evening.
Pac-12 tight end rankingsNo returning tight end in the Pac-12 nabbed more than 22 receptions last season, which means plenty of teams are experiencing significant turnover at the position.
Sun Devil Source05/15/2017
Podcast of Champions -- Answering QuestionsMay 10 -- We talk about the ins and outs of various Pac-12 road trips and answer some questions...
Bruin Report Online05/10/2017