- His campus office is decorated in Victorian style, featuring oriental rugs, a leather tufted chair, a presidential desk and velvet red curtains.
- The only newspaper he reads is the Tuscaloosa News.
- He eats Little Debbie pies for breakfast and an iceberg lettuce salad every day for lunch.
- His practices are planned months in advance.
- He's turned down NFL jobs and no longer believes being an NFL head coach is "the No. 1 thing."
- He's proud of his drug outreach program while he was head coach for the Miami Dolphins and says he believe it helped Ricky Williams.
- He says if players didn't get drafted in the first or second round, they "should've stayed in school" and that most prospects' stock "goes down, not up."
- He believes the linemen downfield rule has forged a stylistic divide between the NFL and college games. "Because what college offenses have done, we call it RPOs [Run Pass Options]," Saban said. "If you're on a running play, and these two guys are on a slant, and the quarterback just pulls the ball and [throws] a slant and the offensive linemen don’t even know if it’s a pass. So it’s impossible to coach defensive players."
8 Things We Learned from MMBQ's Nick Saban profile
Scout CFB Top Stories
Alabama Dominates All-SEC TeamThe Alabama Crimson Tide dominated the All-SEC Selections with nine first team selections and 11 overall. LSU was second with seven first team selections and nine overall. No other…
Scout CFB5:25 AM
College Football's Highest Paid AssistantsDave Aranda just inked a new deal with LSU, where does he rank among College Football's Highest Paid Assistant Coaches? We countdown the Top 10.
Scout CFBYesterday at 5:27 AM
Cougars Name Applewhite Head CoachThe Houston Cougars ended their nearly two week coaching search Friday morning with the promotion of offensive coordinator Major Applewhite to the teams head spot.
Cougar Digest7:14 AM
1-on-1 with Iowa Head Coach Kirk FerentzTAMPA, Fla.-- Scout goes one-one with Iowa head coach Kirk Ferentz at the first Outback Bowl media event. Ferentz discusses where his team stands at this point and what challenges…
Scout CFBYesterday at 7:23 PM