2. As I normally do I took a look at the o line. Gardner came in at 295 and AJ at 305. AJ has also lowered his body fat. Jacob Lonowski looks to be the 6th o linemen. He filled in at right guard and played right tackle with the second line. We have a walk-on with pretty good size on the team this year.The second line consisted of Smith, Newberry, Dunmon, Voss, and Lonowski. Rhodes is bigger as advertised.
3. Special Teams - Today they worked on punt coverage. For those wanting veteran players out there you got your wish. Durant Brooks lived up to his advanced billing. He was booming the punts including one over 60 yards. JJ, Smith, and Marius were the primary punt returners. Chan took a very vocal role in the special teams drills.
4. Spring injuries - All players out for the spring were back. Joe A. was held out of the 11 on 11 drills. Blackwood was playing with a cast on his thumb.
5 Defensive Backs - Jahi opened as the starting cb and played the entire practice with the first team. Avery, Pat Clark, Sammy, and Blackwood were with the second group.
7.Position changes - Quincy Kelly has been moved to lb and will stay there.
8. Walk-ons - There were quite a few new walk=ons out there inclulding a few good looking receivers. We'll try to get names for you later as they are not on the current roster.
9.Freshman - very few took part in the practice that included the whole team. Corey Earls was the first on the field and looked very impressive. Quincy Kelly has tree trunks for legs. Tongo is around 240 and looks very imposing. Finally, Sedric the entertainer has great explosion for a lb.
10.Linebackers - Chambers, Tucker and Bowen ran with the second team. Don't be surprised if one of the fresman steps in there.
11. Final Half Hour - They tried something different today and sent the first two teams to the locker room prior to the final half hour. The backups and freshman stayed outfor individual drills and 7 0n 7 drills. Earls, Baybay, Poppy, Reese, and Jasper all looked good.
12. Mike Cox - Mike caught numerous passes and looks to be a big part of the new offense.
13. WR'S - We are loaded at this postion. Dunlap is the slot receiver with the first o along with CJ and JJ. Frierson, Smith and X Man all made nice catches. Earls also caught a bomb.
14. Reggie - The shotgun seems to suit him very well. He had time to go through his progressions and hit second and third receivers.
15. Finally, the hilite of the practice was an interception by Sellers in the backfield. He intercepted a ball tha was tipped, tried to put on a few rb moves and then almost ran over Curtis Modkins. He had the whole team laughing.