When asked what's new in recruiting Pridemore answered, "Not a whole lot. After August 1st coaches can't text anymore, so I'm getting a little bit of a break. It's been pretty dead since then."
There are positives and negatives for the dead period from the perspective of the recruits according to T.J. "It's been good," he said. "I can't keep in touch as well as I was before with all the coaches and know what's going on with the schools and commits and all that. In that way it's been kind of bad but right here with school starting and all that, it's given me kind of an opportunity to just wind down and get ready to go back into school to start my senior season."
Pridemore is moving through the recruiting process at his own pace and is not planning on announcing a commitment before the season starts, as many others have decided to do. He has also not decided which schools he wants to visit officially and is not ready to name favorites. "I don't want to release a top group right now," he said.
With the month of August being a dead period, coaches cannot call or text prospects. And though T.J. didn't name his favorites list, perhaps it's telling which schools he is calling while they're not allowed to contact him. "South Carolina, West Virginia, Tennessee, Georgia Tech and Duke," are the schools he has called during the dead period.
Though he keeps an eye on who's committing to his schools of interest, T.J. has not felt pressed to make a decision based on others committing at his position. He said he is "just keeping up with the commits they've gotten at different positions. But as far as linebacker, I haven't been pushed into any position where they had to say, ‘Hey, we're about to have a kid commit, we need a decision.' None of that's gone on so far."
On one hand T.J. doesn't feel pressure to make a decision within a certain timeframe, but he's also not one to drag the situation out just for the sake of it. "I'm not sure what the timeframe is right now," he said. "If I feel confident in a school and that's where I want to be then I'll commit. If not, I'll just keep waiting and take a couple of official visits. But I'm not going to drag it out 'til late next fall."