1. JOHN CURTIS CHRISTIAN (1) - (6-0) The Patriots powered their way past Carver on Saturday, 48-14. ULM commit Tevin Horton leads the team in rushing with 314 yards on the year. Horton (5-10, 210, SR) also has a team-high seven touchdowns. He's averaging 9.81 yards per carry, while junior teammate George Moreira (5-10, 205) is getting 9.82 yards each try. Junior LB Kenny Young got his first offer from Ole Miss. Senior LB Duke Riley (pictured below) is set to lead the squad in tackles for the third straight year.
2. EDNA KARR (2) - (5-0) Five-star DE Gerald Willis headlines a suffocating defense that is allowing only five points per contest. Four-star prospect Devante Noil is the state's second-ranked junior WR behind only Malachi Dupre (Curtis). Cougars defeated Helen Cox last week in the district opener, 26-7.
4. ARCHBISHOP RUMMEL (4) - (5-0) Raiders routed Thibodaux (56-0) in final pre-district tune-up. OL Patrick Kliebert and company host West Jeff on Saturday evening in a primetime district showdown.
5. PARKVIEW BAPTIST (5) - (5-0) Senior RB Hezekiah Randolph accounted for 249 all-purpose yards and five touchdowns in 53-39 decision over East Feliciana. Eagles won state in Class 3A two years ago. PBS' eighth grade team stayed perfect last night with inspiring road win at University Lab.
6. LUTCHER (6) - (5-0) River Parish 4A program has ripped last three foes by combined margin of 127-0. Things could get tougher this week vs. 5-1 St. Michael.
7. WEST MONROE (8) - (5-1) Rebels are rolling along after early loss to 2A Calvary Baptist. Last week, Xavier Woods and his teammates dismantled previously-unbeaten Pineville (56-7). All eyes in northeast Louisiana are on Thursday's matchup vs. Ouachita.
7. CALVARY BAPTIST (8) - (5-1) QB Daniel Fitzwater seems to get better each outing. The 6-6 senior completed 17-of-19 in a 41-14 romp over North Webster. In two weeks, the Cavaliers will try to beat Evangel Christian for the second straight year.
9. LORANGER (10) - (5-0) Miguel Toefield and Breland Dillion combined for four touchdowns in shutout (41-0) of Albany. Wolves have rugged three-game stretch ahead beginning with 4-1 Bogalusa.
10. NEW IBERIA SENIOR HIGH (NR) - (5-1) Yellow Jackets make debut in overall rankings after Teurlings Catholic was knocked off by St. Thomas More. NISH's stay could be short-lived, however, as undefeated South Lafourche travels north to Lloyd G. Porter Stadium this week. Senior LB Dre Fusilier, pictured below, doubles as a fullback.