- Spurrier started off by wishing everyone a Happy Holiday season.
- He said almost everyone should be healthy going into the bowl game.
- Spurrier said the Gamecocks' 10-2 regular season was a successful one, but added that Marcus Lattimore getting hurt was the downer of the the entire season.
- He said Lattimore is making the right decision entering the NFL draft.
- Spurrier said Jadeveon Clowney and Connor Shaw won't need surgery in the offseason, unless they get hurt in the bowl game.
- He said Michigan had one of the toughest schedules in the country, because their losses came to several top teams.
- He spoke about Denard Robinson and how tough it will be to stop him.
- Spurrier said LSU and Florida were Connor Shaw's worst games.
- He said he will play both Shaw and Dylan Thompson in the bowl game. He said Shaw will be the starting quarterback.
- Spurrier said Thompson may be one of those players who plays better in games than in practices.
- He said he is excited to play at Raymond James Stadium.
- Spurrier said he wears a black visor after the Gamecocks lose two games in a row. He also wears black pants and shoes. He thinks it is good luck.
- He said South Carolina will wear all garnet in the bowl game.
- Spurrier praised Michigan's left tackle Taylor Lewan and said the battle between Lewan and Clowney will be a fun one to watch.
- He spoke about his new cell phone and admits he likes to text.
- Spurrier said he attended both the South Carolina men's and women's basketball games Wednesday night. He said he was impressed with how both teams played.
- He said the 2013 preseason ranking will change dramatically if the Gamecocks lose the bowl game. Spurrier said South Carolina will have a top 10 preseason ranking if they win, a top 25 if they lose.
- Spurrier said running back Kenny Miles sprained his knee against Clemson and is still not full go. He said Shon Carson will play in the bowl game. He said Mike Davis and Carson have been alternating carries in practice.
- He said no juniors (other than Lattimore) are expected to leave for the NFL Draft.
Carolina Calls: Outback Bowl edition
Dawg Post Top Stories
Dawg Post Wednesday UpdateDawg Post takes a look at some of the top prospects in the state, and gives you an update on their recruitment.
Dawg Post12:11 PM
SEC Coach Teleconference: What did Kirby say?What did Kirby Smart have to say at the weekly SEC Coaches Teleconference?
Dawg Post8:21 AM
UGA Looks to Get Commit from SwiftPHILADELPHIA -- D'Andre Swift, the No. 4 running back in the nation and No. 33 overall prospect, previews his Thursday commitment announcement.
Scout FootballYesterday at 8:32 PM
Kirby: No Word on QB StarterATHENS - Kirby Smart gave no real insight into what will happen at the starting quarterback spot on Tuesday.
Dawg PostYesterday at 4:47 PM
Dawg Post Preview: North CarolinaDawg Post gives a quick look at North Carolina and who they will be depending on against the Bulldogs on Saturday.
Dawg PostYesterday at 12:59 PM