- Spurrier started off by wishing everyone a Happy Holiday season.
- He said almost everyone should be healthy going into the bowl game.
- Spurrier said the Gamecocks' 10-2 regular season was a successful one, but added that Marcus Lattimore getting hurt was the downer of the the entire season.
- He said Lattimore is making the right decision entering the NFL draft.
- Spurrier said Jadeveon Clowney and Connor Shaw won't need surgery in the offseason, unless they get hurt in the bowl game.
- He said Michigan had one of the toughest schedules in the country, because their losses came to several top teams.
- He spoke about Denard Robinson and how tough it will be to stop him.
- Spurrier said LSU and Florida were Connor Shaw's worst games.
- He said he will play both Shaw and Dylan Thompson in the bowl game. He said Shaw will be the starting quarterback.
- Spurrier said Thompson may be one of those players who plays better in games than in practices.
- He said he is excited to play at Raymond James Stadium.
- Spurrier said he wears a black visor after the Gamecocks lose two games in a row. He also wears black pants and shoes. He thinks it is good luck.
- He said South Carolina will wear all garnet in the bowl game.
- Spurrier praised Michigan's left tackle Taylor Lewan and said the battle between Lewan and Clowney will be a fun one to watch.
- He spoke about his new cell phone and admits he likes to text.
- Spurrier said he attended both the South Carolina men's and women's basketball games Wednesday night. He said he was impressed with how both teams played.
- He said the 2013 preseason ranking will change dramatically if the Gamecocks lose the bowl game. Spurrier said South Carolina will have a top 10 preseason ranking if they win, a top 25 if they lose.
- Spurrier said running back Kenny Miles sprained his knee against Clemson and is still not full go. He said Shon Carson will play in the bowl game. He said Mike Davis and Carson have been alternating carries in practice.
- He said no juniors (other than Lattimore) are expected to leave for the NFL Draft.
Carolina Calls: Outback Bowl edition
Dawg Post Top Stories
2019 OLB Recaps His Georgia Visit:Grayson (GA) outside linebacker Kevin Harris is one of the top sophomores in the state, and recaps his latest visit to UGA
Dawg Post11:55 AM
2019 DB Talks UGA Visit:Dacula (GA) cornerback JAlen Perry is becoming one of the top 2019 prospects in the peach state, and is coming off a recent visit to Georgia.
Dawg Post8:26 AM
Costly Spring Coming at UGA?ATHENS - Danna Durante was fired Tuesday morning. It was the first of what could be several changes in UGA’s athletic department over the next few months.
Dawg Post7:06 AM
Chubb to Swift: Its not Easy, but Worth ItATHENS - Nick Chubb talks about nearly going home the summer of his freshman season.
Dawg Post6:34 AM
New TE Target Talks UGA Visit:Marist (GA) tight end John FitzPatrick recently earned a UGA offer and "loved" his recent visit to Athens.
Dawg PostYesterday at 7:08 AM