• G: Bennett 34 field goal, 1:50. Drive: 8 plays 27 yards, 4:17. Key plays: Milton 15 run; Gibson 10 pass from Greene over middle on 3-and-7 for 1st at C21.
• Score: Georgia 10-0.
Both teams botched scoring opportunities with Georgia coming up inches short of a first down at the Clemson 14 when Bennett had to scramble following a high snap on a field goal attempt. The Tigers drove it to the Georgia 4 and a throwback to quarterback Charlie Whitehurst failed when DE Robert Geathers recovered to break it up and then the Tigers missed on a 52-yard field goal attempt. Clemson still could not run the football, netting ony two yards for the quarter.
• G: Bennett 32 field goal, 11:09. Drive: 4 plays 5 yards, :50. Key plays: Sean Jones caught Derrick Hamlton's fumble in mid-air to give Georgia possession at C 18.
• Score: Georgia 13-0
Bulldogs got only a field goal from Bennett but controlled the ball for 20 plays against frustrated Tigers who could gain only 39 yards. Highlight of the quarter was holding the Bulldogs on downs at the Tiger three.
• G: Bennett 42 field goal, 4:32. Drive: 4 plays, 7 yards, 1:55. Key plays: D.J. Shockley 8 run on keeper before two plays lost a yard.
• Score: Georgia 16-0
The Bulldogs only added to the Tigers' frustration as they ripped the tiring Clemson defense for 135 yards and the defense continued to dominate a Tigers team that had high expectations of running the football, but instead wound up averaging only 1.4 yards per attempt.
• G: Greene 3 run (Bennett kick), 5:53. Drive: 6 plays, 60 yards, 3:00. Key play: Ronnie Powell 13 pass from Greene on first play of drive.
• G: Shockley 29 run (Bennett kick), 2:42. Drive: 6 plays 61 yards, 2:44. Key plays: Michael Cooper runs of 25 and 12 yards to start drive.