* Danny Ware missed practice with a slight knee injury. He will be back on Tuesday and said his knee injury was not serious.
* Bryan McClendon and T.J. Gartrell both made some nice long catches. McClendon
looked the most impressive of the wide receivers.
* Speaking of wide receives, after going through drills at the quarterback
position, A.J. Bryant ran some routes in the scrimmage at both wide receiver and
slot receiver. The ball was not thrown his way.
* Tyson Browning made a nice catch on a fade from Joe Tereshinski.
* Des Williams shined at the fullback position during the inside running drills.
* Kregg Lumpkin also moved piles during the inside running drills. During the
scrimmage, Lumpkin ripped off two 20+ yard runs. He limped off the field after
the second one, but he returned after a brief rest and quickly picked up another
15 yard gain.
* The best defensive back on the day was Tim Jennings without question. Paul Oliver made some good plays and was very physical, but Jennings was head and
shoulders better than everyone else in the defensive backfield on Friday.
* Gerald Anderson was unstoppable during individual drills, and he also looked
good during the scrimmage. Quentin Moses also made some nice plays, and asking
around Will Thompson has been very impressive this spring as well. the defensive
end position is in very good hands.
* The tight ends struggled a bit during individual drills, but Leonard Pope made
two very nice catches with his hands during the scrimmage. He is an absolutely
huge target on the field, and if he continues to develop his hands, he is going
to be a weapon this season.
Here are some pictures from practice today:
Brian VanGorder and Rodney Garner overlook their players warming up.
Albert Hollis shed his familiar green jersey to practice with contact Friday for
the first time in three years.
Gerald Anderson was absolutely dominating in both individual drills and
Coleman Watson has moved around to several positions in his brief time in
Athens. On Friday, he was working with the tight ends.
Ken Shackleford looked good in drills, and he is absolutely massive.
NFL Hall of Fame Coach Dan Reeves visited Athens and briefly spoke with the
Bulldogs and the high school coaches in town for the Coaching Clinic.
Quick Hitters from Spring Scrimmage
Dawg Post Top Stories
Insider Report: Five UGA StandoutsATHENS - Dawg Post's five players to watch from Thursday's practice at UGA.
Dawg PostThursday at 6:24 PM
Wynn Excelling at LT for UGAATHENS- Dylan Webber gives insight on the Bulldogs second practice of spring football.
Dawg PostThursday at 1:35 PM
Top targets Visiting UGA This WeekendWhere will some of the south's top targets be visiting this weekend? Dawg Post has the latest.
Dawg PostThursday at 12:57 PM
2020 ATH Michael Robertson Talks Recruiting:Dawg Post caught up with 2020 athlete Michael Robertson to talk recruiting and what his plans are for the spring.
Dawg PostWednesday at 9:14 AM
Photos: Eason, Fromm and Kirby Take the FieldATHENS - Photos of the Georgia Bulldogs during practice at the Woodruff Practice Fields on March 21, 2017.
Dawg PostTuesday at 2:43 PM