• Today's game is the 2nd installment of a series that began last season at the Chick-Fil-A Peach Bowl Classic for Kids in Atlanta. The Bulldogs, behind a regulation buzzer-beater by Sundiata Gaines and 31 points from Levi Stukes, prevailed 76-74. Despite their heroics, Georgia still had to survive an errant running bank shot by OSU's Nick DeWitz at the overtime buzzer.
• Georgia concludes its pre-Christmas slate next Wednesday when it plays 20th-ranked Nevada in Reno.
Georgia-Oregon State Series
• Today's game is just the second all-time meeting between these two schools in basketball.
• Georgia won the only other meeting last season by a 76-74 score in overtime. That contest, like this year's, was played at an NBA venue: Philips Arena in Atlanta.
• Given the opposition's quality, it was perhaps the Bulldogs' best win of the 2005 season. Georgia defeated just two schools from the so-called "BCS" conferences that had winning records: Oregon State and Vanderbilt.