• Whenever it may come, Georgia's next win will match the entire victory total for the 2004-05 Bulldogs, who finished with an 8-20 overall record.
• Tonight's game is the "return" installment of a 2-year series that began early last season in Athens. The Wolf Pack won that contest, played on Nov. 26 -- the Friday after Thanksgiving -- by a 58-47 score. More information from that game, including a boxscore, follows later in this notes package.
• After tonight's game, the Bulldogs will disperse for the Christmas holiday before convening on the 25th in Athens for a late-evening practice. They'll return to competition on Dec. 28 at home against a Clemson team that began this week undefeated at 8-0.
• Tonight's game is just the second all-time meeting between these two schools in basketball.
• Nevada won the only prior meeting last year in Athens by a 58-47 score.
• The only known connection between these two programs was forged last summer, when Georgia coach Dennis Felton assisted Phil Martelli on the staff of the U.S. team which competed at the U21 World Championships in Argentina. Nevada forward Nick Fazekas was a prominent player on the American squad, which went 7-1 and finished fifth in the competition.