• The Bulldogs enter SEC play with a 10-3 overall record, the program's best non-conference mark in four years. Most recently, the Dogs completed their pre-SEC slate with a trio of home-court wins over Clemson, Western Carolina and Howard. During the current homestand, they met and surpassed the entire 2005 season's victory total.
• Florida and Georgia meet on Saturday for the 189th time in basketball. The Gators are Georgia's most frequent opponent in a series that began in 1924.
• Florida is the last team to defeat Georgia at Stegeman Coliseum. It won a 50-38 decision on March 2 of last season in the Bulldogs' 2005 home finale.
• The current Florida team will represent Georgia's highest-ranked opponent to date this season. It is also the second Top 25 opponent for the Bulldogs, then-No. 20 Nevada being the first.
• By the time Spring Semester classes begin Monday on the UGA campus, it will have been 25 days since most of the Bulldogs last attended a class.
Georgia - Florida Series
• Georgia leads the overall series 94-92. This record excludes a pair of Georgia victories (2002 in Gainesville, 2003 in Athens) that were later vacated because of NCAA sanctions.
• These two teams share one common opponent in their non-conference schedules: Florida A&M. Both squads defeated the Rattlers handily, Georgia winning 95-74 in Athens and Florida taking them last week in Gainesville by an 84-47 score.
Georgia and Florida also have the distinction of having gone undefeated in five games against ACC schools. Georgia defeated Georgia Tech and Clemson while the Gators downed Wake Forest, Florida State and Miami.
Tickets are still available for this weekend's basketball games vs. Florida. A few hundred reserved seat tickets are still available for the men's basketball game vs. Florida on Saturday, January 7th with tip-off scheduled for Noon.With a large UGA student turnout anticipated for this game, UGA Students will also be able to purchase their tickets in advance at the UGA Bookstore this Thursday and Friday from 9am-5pm each day. Also, UGA Student ticket sales on the day of the game have been moved up to begin at 10:00am at Stegeman Coliseum Ticket Booth 4.
The Lady Dogs take on Florida at 2:30pm this Sunday, January 8th with about 2,000 reserved seat tickets and all general admission tickets still available for this game.