• The Bulldogs arrive at the game with a 10-4 overall record, 0-1 in SEC play, after dropping their most recent game, a 90-72 decision at home to fifth-ranked Florida.
• Despite the loss, Georgia welcomed back another healthy player in freshman swingman Terrance Woodbury. The 6-6 Virginian had missed the previous 10 games with a sprained left knee, but he showed little or no effect of the injury against the Gators. Woodbury pumped in 14 points in 20 minutes of action off the bench.
• Georgia hasn't played anywhere but Athens in three weeks, not since a 68-62 loss to No. 20 Nevada in Reno on December 21. In the Bulldogs' only other true road game, they defeated head coach Dennis Felton's former employer, Western Kentucky, in the fourth game of the season by a 69-65 score.
• That win over Western marked Georgia's first victory on an opponent's home court since Jan. 17, 2004, when Felton's first UGA club defeated Kentucky — ranked 5th in the country at the time — 65-57.
Georgia - Tennessee Series
• Tonight's game is the 133rd all-time meeting between these two schools in basketball. Tennessee leads the overall series, which began in 1913, by an 81-51 count. This tally includes two Georgia victories (2002-03) that were later vacated because of NCAA sanctions.
• These two teams share one common opponent in their non-conference schedules: Eastern Kentucky. Georgia defeated the Colonels 76-68 to claim third place at the Paradise Jam tournament in St. Thomas on Nov. 21. Four days later Tennessee defeated Eastern 92-58 in Knoxville.
• Georgia has won just once in the past eight years in Knoxville, the lone time coming in 2001.