• The Bulldogs are seeking to stop their longest losing streak of the season at three games. Most recently, they dropped a 72-55 decision at home to Vanderbilt, a game in which Georgia played without four-fifths of its vital freshman class. Guards Mike Mercer and Billy Humphrey served 1-game suspensions while swingman Terrance Woodbury (back) and forward Kendrick Johnson (ankles) are both out for the season.
• The rare Thursday night contest in Athens means the first 48-hour turnaround for any Georgia team during regular-season SEC play since 1998. That year, the Bulldogs played at Kentucky on a Sunday afternoon and at South Carolina two days later.
• Georgia defeated the Gamecocks 64-61 in overtime in the two teams' first meeting on Jan. 14 on Columbia. It marked the Bulldogs' only overtime game this season and first road win in the SEC in two years.
• Tonight's game also marks the continuation of the league-wide "Throwback" uniform program. The Bulldogs are outfitted in uniforms patterned from their predecessors of the mid-1960s.
Georgia - USC Series
• Tonight's game is the 86th all-time meeting between Georgia and South Carolina in basketball. Consecutive regular-season sweeps in 2004-05 have given USC a 44-41 lead in the series. Tonight, the Bulldogs will try for their first sweep of the Gamecocks since 2003.
• These two schools were annual opponents from 1938 until 1964.
• Since South Carolina joined the SEC in time for the 1992 season, USC holds a 16-14 edge in games against Georgia. The Bulldogs' victory in Columbia on Jan. 14 was Dennis Felton's first as head coach at Georgia. He assisted Rick Barnes during four wins in five tries against Carolina while the two coached at Clemson together from 1994-98.