- "A great road win for the Vandals," Idaho head coach Don Verlin said. "I thought we played very solid down the stretch, especially defensively, but I thought we did a nice job at taking care of the ball and doing the things that we needed to do to win the game."
- Senior Mac Hopson led all players with 20 points on eight-of-11 shooting, as well as eight rebounds, six assists, two steals and one block.
- For the second time in three games, senior Luciano DeSouza came off the bench in a big way, as he tied a career high with 16 points on five-of-10 shooting.
- Idaho will now take a one-week hiatus from WAC play, as the Vandals host Seattle University on Thursday in the second of a home-and-home series with the Redhawks this season. On Saturday, the Vandals will host former Big West foe Long Beach State in the ESPNU BracketBusters game at the Cowan Spectrum.
- Idaho's bench continued it resurgence, as the Vandal reserves put in 29 points, including 20 in the second half when the team pulled away for the lead over Fresno State. It was Idaho's fourth consecutive game with more than 20 points coming from the bench.
LINK: IDAHO OFFICIAL SITE: Men hold on to beat Fresno State
(Game Recap and Stats)
LINK: Break out the brooms: Idaho sweeps Fresno State (Vandal Nation)
LINK: 'Dogs men fall flat, lose to Idaho (Fresno Bee)
LINK: Hopson helps Idaho steam past Fresno State (Spokesman Review)
|MARVIN JEFFERSON||STEFFAN JOHNSON|