The contest will mark the 94th meeting between the two schools. The Wolverines hold a 68-23-2 advantage in the series, including 41 wins in the past 49 meetings. Two years ago, the two teams played in the Big House, compiling the most total points in a game in Michigan history. The Wolverines won 67-65 in triple overtime.
Here's a look at a few key player's on this season's squad.
Leading passer: Denard Robinson – 62-of-115, 942 yards, seven TDs, eight INTs.
Leading rushers: Robinson – 90 carries for 676 yards, four TDs.
Fitzgerald Toussaint – 53 carries for 169 yards, three TDs.
Leading receivers: Jeremy Gallon – 14 catches for 216 yards.
Devin Gardner – 13 catches for 226 yards, four TDs.
Roy Roundtree – 10 catches for 95 yards, one TD.
Leading tackler: Thomas Gordon – 32 total tackles, two INTs
Defensive players of note: Jake Ryan – 31 total tackles, one sack, three pass breakups
Jordan Kovacs – 31 total tackles
Desmond Morgan – 28 total tackles (four for loss).
- Illinois last won in Ann Arbor in 2008.
- Last year: Michigan defeated the Illini 31-14.
- With his 235 yards rushing last week, Robinson moved into fourth place among the all-time NCAA leaders for rushing yards by a quarterback (3,905).
- Michigan has totaled over 150 yards rushing in its last four games.
- Robinson leads the Big Ten in total offense (323.6 yards per game)
- The offense ranks first in the Big Ten in sacks allowed (one per game).
- The team is second in the conference in total defense (311.8 yards per game), and first in pass defense (155 yards per)