While the saying 'you are what you're record says you are,' comes to mind, the Hoosiers performance this season has shown improvement over last year's 1-11 campaign.
The last three losses, two in conference, have come by four points or less, as the team nearly knocked off then No. 8 Ohio State Oct. 13. The reason for the competitive games? A high-tempo offense that's posting points.
The Hoosiers are 18th in the country in passing yards and No. 35 in scoring.
The defense is still a work in progress, but with an offensive unit that's clicking, Indiana has a puncher's chance in any game, home or away.
The game kicks off at 11 a.m. and will be aired on the Big Ten Network.
Here's a look at a few key player's on Indiana's squad.
Leading passer: Cameron Coffman - 133 for 209, 1,320 yards, 7 TDs, 3 INTs
Leading rusher: Stephen Houston - 84 carries, 450 yards, 7 TDs
Leading receiver: Cody Latimer - 30 catches, 465 yards, 2 TDs
Of note: WR Kofi Hughes - 26 catches, 374 yards, 2 TDs
Leading tackler: Greg Heban - 48 tackles, 4.5 for loss, 2 INTs
Of note: LB David Cooper - 47 tackles, 4 for loss
Of note: DL Adam Replogle - 44 tackles, 5.5 for loss, 3 sacks
- The game marks the 70th time the two teams have played, with the Illini having won four of the past five. Illinois leads the series 45-21-3.
- Last year: Illinois won 41-20 in Bloomington.
- The last two times in Champaign: Illinois scored 55 (2008) and 43 (2010).
- The Hoosiers rank 18th nationally in passing at 303.1 yards per game, 65th in rushing at 161.9 yards, 93rd defensively, allowing 31.7 points.
- Indiana's last win in the Big Ten: Nov. 27, 2010 - 34-31 over Purdue in OT.