Dec. 3, 2013 - 6:15 CT - Atlanta, Ga. - McCamish Pavilion (8,600)
ESPN2 - Bob Wischusen, PBP & Len Elmore, analyst
Notes (per Georgia Tech sports information):
- In its third season under coach Brian Gregory, Tech has returned four starters - center Daniel Miller, forward Robert Carter, Jr., and wings Marcus Georges-Hunt and Chris Bolden - from a team that posted a 16-15 overall record last season and went 6-12 to tie for ninth place in the ACC.
- The Yellow Jackets have lost two straight entering this homestead, having dropped a 77-67 contest to Mississippi and a 69-58 decision to St. John's last weekend in the Barclays Center Classic.
- The Jackets are averaging 73.4 points per game and hitting 44.4 percent of their shots from the floor so far. Tech also has outrebounded each opponent by an average of 7.8 per game, has a plus-1.1 assist-turnover ratio and has improved vastly at the free throw line (71.1 percent) over last year.
- Three Georgia Tech players are averaging in double figures through the first eight games. Senior guard Trae Golden leads the Yellow Jackets with 13.5 points per game, having reached double digits in all but the last game (nine points vs. St. John's).
- Sophomore forward Marcus Georges-Hunt is No. 2 on the squad in scoring (11.5 ppg), while senior center Daniel Miller is No. 3 (10.5 ppg)
- Robert Carter, Jr., leads the ACC and ranks 19th nationally in rebound average at 9.5 per game. He has grabbed 10 or more boards in four games and has three double-doubles.
Chris Bolden: G, 6-3, 216, So. - 5.2 ppg, 2.0 rpg
Trae Golden: G, 6-2, 205, Sr. - 13.5 ppg, 2.4 rpg
Daniel Miller: C, 6-11, 275, Sr. - 10.3 ppg, 8.1 rpg
Robert Carter Jr.: F, 6-8, 247, So. - 9.3 ppg, 9.5 rpg
Marcus Georges-Hunt: F, 6-5, 219, So. - 11.5 ppg, 5.4 rpg
Off the bench:
Solomon Poole: G, 6-0, 190, So. - 7.5 ppg, 1.0 rpg
Stacey Poole Jr.: G, 6-4, 199, Jr. - 4.0 ppg, 0.9 rpg
Travis Jorgenson: G, 6-0, 177, Fr. - 4.3 ppg, 2.0 rpg
Kammeon Holsey: F, 6-8, 234, Sr. - 7.8 ppg, 5.6 rpg
Series record: Illinois leads 7-1
Last meeting: No. 22 Illinois 75, Georgia Tech 62 (Nov. 28, 2012 - Champaign)
Series streak: Illinois W5
Record @ Tech: Illinois leads 1-0
Groce vs. Tech: 1-0