Saturday Feb. 1, 6:30 p.m. CT - Champaign - State Farm Center (16,618)
Big Ten Network - Eric Collins, Stephen Bardo
Notes (per Iowa sports info):
GAME #22 STORYLINES
• Iowa is 4-0 in games following a loss this season. The Hawkeyes lost in overtime Tuesday to No. 6/7 Michigan State (71-69) in Iowa City, halting Iowa's 20-game home win streak.
• Iowa's five losses have all come to teams ranked in the top-25 and by a combined 14 points, including two in overtime. The Hawkeyes have lost games by two (Michigan State -- overtime), three (Iowa State), four (Wisconsin) and five points (Villanova -- overtime).
• Iowa, Michigan and North Carolina are the only teams with a road win against an AP top-three team this season.
• Iowa recorded its 10th win of the season by 20-plus points at Northwestern last Saturday, the most of any Big Ten team this season.
• Roy Devyn Marble is only the second Hawkeye to amass 1,450+ points, 325+ assists and 425+ rebounds (Jeff Horner).
• Wednesday afternoon, Iowa (31,805) and Illinois (31,805) had the same number of twitter followers. Both schools rank in the top 15 in the country in twitter fan support.
• Iowa will be making its first visit to Illinois since Feb. 26, 2012.
Mike Gesell: G, 6-1, 190, So. - 7.0 ppg, 3.6 apg
Roy Devyn Marble: G, 6-6, 200, Sr. - 16.3 ppg, 3.7 rpg
Aaron White: F, 6-9, 220, Jr. - 13.5 ppg, 6.5 rpg
Melsahn Basabe: F, 6-7, 220, Sr. - 8.1 ppg, 6.6 rpg
Adam Woodbury: C, 7-1, 240, So. - 5.7 ppg, 4.1 rpg
Series Record: Illinois leads 81-68
Series Streak: Iowa W2
Record at Champaign: Illinois leads 61-14
Series Streak at Champaign: Illinois W11
Last Year's Meeting: Iowa 63, Illinois 55 // March 5, 2013 at Iowa City
Groce vs. Iowa: 0-1
"Those guys have gotten older, they're stronger, they're very physical, they're great on the backboard, they execute well, they do a great job of changing defenses. You could tell they played together for a while and they're a really good team." – Illinois coach John Groce