- The nation's top-ranked team, St. Thomas Aquinas, was upset by the nation's No. 6 team Booker T. Washington 27-23. But Illini commit Mike Epstein had a breakout performance in his first game in almost two years (ACL injury), rushing for 151 yards and a touchdown on 16 carries. His long run was 71 yards.
- Illini defensive back commit Antwan Collier beat South Plantation 33-7. But the bigger story was that shots were fired midway through the fourth quarter of the game. No one reportedly was hurt.
- Illini commit Carmoni Green and Miami Central routed East Ridge 59-14 in the season opener.
- Tony Adams had five tackles and an interception as St. Louis University High beat Ladue 35-7 to improve to 2-0 on the season. In the first game of the season, Adams totaled 77 yards and four touchdowns, including a passing touchdown.
http://www.scout.com/college/illinois/story/1698954-illini-football-recr... - Larry Boyd and Trinity Catholic routed Duchesne 51-0 to improve to 2-0 on the season. The Titans have outscored their opponents 107-0 so far this season. Trinity ran for 232 yards on 18 carries on Friday night. 2019 quarterback target Isaiah Williams went 7-for-13 passing for 118 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT and also ran for 20 yards on three carries. 2019 target Marcus Washington, who received an Illini offer Friday, had one catch for three yards.
- Illini commit Olalere Oladipo had two sacks to lead Huntley to a dominant 35-0 season-opening win over Jacobs.
- Illini receiver commit Kendall Smith ran for Bolingbrook's only touchdown (out of the Wildcat in a goal-line situation) as the Raiders suffered a 17-7 Week One loss to defending state champion Glenbard West.
- Illini offensive line commit Vederian Lowe and Rockford Auburn rolled Rockford East 48-8 in the season opener.
- Illini quarterback commit Cam Thomas and Marian Catholic romped Urban Prep-Englewood 53-16. Thomas threw for a 50-yard touchdown and ran for another long touchdown. Thomas was taken out in the first half after Marian Catholic took a 53-0 lead.
- Illini commits Marc Mondesir and Ricky Smalling both start their seasons Sunday at Soldier Field. Mondesir and St. Rita take on St. Patrick at noon, while Smalling and Brother Rice take on Marist at 6 p.m.