1. Illinois- The combination of Dee Brown, Deron Williams, Luther Head, and Richard McBride put the Illini at the top of the conference for guard play. They have the best combination of speed, size, and shooting ability.
2. Michigan State- The Spartans have the deepest group of guards with Maurice Ager, Chris Hill, Kelvin Torbert, Rashi Johnson, Shannon Brown, Brandon Cotton, and Tim Bograkos all vying for playing time.
3. Wisconsin- This is where it starts to get real tough. I'll take the Badgers over the Hawkeyes right now just because Devin Harris is unstoppable. Freddie Owens and Boo Wade aren't too shabby either.
4. Iowa- Pierre Pierce is back and that is good news for the Hawkeyes backcourt. Jeff Horner was Honorable Mention All Big 10 and is solid along with Brody Boyd.
5. Indiana- I'm thinking if Bracey Wright was that good with an injured back, now that its healed how good is this kid gonna be?? Marshall Strickland forms a good 1-2 punch for the Hoosiers with Donald Perry off the bench. Also look for A.J. Moye to play some guard. He does a little bit of everything.
6. Michigan- It's scary to think that Michigan has the 6th best backcourt but yet could have the top player in Daniel Horton. Lester Abram is his backcourt mate and averaged 10.6 ppg with Freshman Dion Harris looking for playing time.
7. Northwestern- This is a very solid backcourt that will give fits to many teams. Mohamed Hachad and T.J. Parker are very talented and Jitim Young can do it all.
8. Purdue- Kenneth Lowe is one of the best defenders in the league along with Brandon McKnight giving Purdue a chance to be successful every game. Austin Parkinson will backup the point and George Teague will get playing time due to his long range ability.
9. Ohio State- Could be the surprise backcourt as they have lots of new additions. The Buckeyes look for transfers J.J. Sullinger and Tony Stockman to add scoring punch and for Brandon Fuss-Cheatham to take care of the point. Freshman Ricardo Billings will also compete for playing time.
10. Minnesota-Maurice Hargrow returns after averaging 13.2 ppg along with Ben Johnson and transfer Adam Boone.
11. Penn State- Deforrest Riley is a 3 point machine and will be joined by sophomore Brandon Cameron in the backcourt.