IU Football Set For Second Big Week of Visits

Bloomington – It's another big weekend of official visits for the IU football program. After welcoming eight of its verbal commitments last weekend, Coach Bill Lynch's staff will host seven other commits, one invited walk-on, and...

Bloomington – It's another big weekend of official visits for the IU football program.

After welcoming eight of its verbal commitments last weekend, Coach Bill Lynch's staff will host seven other commits, one invited walk-on, and at least one uncommitted offensive lineman beginning today. The visitors will arrive in town throughout the afternoon and remain on campus through Sunday morning.

The biggest name among IU's list of visitors is 6'2", 205-pound Jeffersonville (Ind.) quarterback Edward Wright-Baker. Scout.com's 41st ranked quarterback nationally, Wright-Baker was the first player to verbal to the Hoosiers on June 20. His decision to pick IU over offers from Purdue, Kentucky and Louisville started an avalanche of recruiting activity, as the Hoosiers secured 14 other verbal commitments within five weeks of Wright-Baker's original pledge.

HoosierNation.com sources have said that a handful of programs have inquired about Wright-Baker to test the strength of his pledge, but his high school coach has maintained that Wright-Baker won't waver on his choice.

"I don't have any doubts he's be at IU – none at all," Jeffersonville Coach Steve Cooley said. "He really likes Coach (Matt) Canada and Coach (Bill) Lynch. I think he'll be very happy there, and they'll take care of him."

In addition to Wright-Baker, fellow IU commits Mitch Ewald, Charles Chapman, Dimitrius Carr, Ted Bolser, Lawrence Barnett and Colin Rodkey will also be making their officials this weekend. Invited walk-on Josh Keyt – a top long snapper – will also be in town to meet future teammates and talk with the Hoosier staff.

While all of those players have already said they plan to play for IU next fall, at least one new recruiting target is visiting this weekend as well. Shaker Heights (Ohio) offensive lineman Henry Conway will be on campus and has said he's been offered by the Hoosiers.

The 6-6, 295-pound Conway is one of two new offensive line recruits that have surfaced in recent weeks, which suggests the IU staff has decided it has some needs to address on the offensive line that perhaps it didn't see in the summer. In addition to Conway, Woodstock (Ga.) offensive tackle Duran Christophe has scheduled a Jan. 16 visit to Indiana.

The IU coaching staff was the first to see Conway when coaches were able to get back on the road late last month. He's the nation's 85th-ranked offensive tackle nationally according to Scout, and has also drawn interest from Michigan State (Jan. 16 visit), Boston College, Illinois and Cincinnati, among others.

HoosierNation.com will have coverage on the official visits throughout the weekend.

Keep up with the Hoosiers for less than $10 per month!! Sign up for a 7-day Free Trial to HoosierNation.com to what you've been missing. You'll get recruiting updates, recruit videos, expert commentary, breaking news - everything you need from HoosierNation.com!! Try it for seven days...FOR FREE!!

Peegs.com Top Stories