"I haven't made a decision yet," he said. "Iowa State still has a chance to get me. I'm talking to my family right now about them and Texas Tech. We're trying to decide which one would be better. I was supposed to visit Baylor last weekend, but canceled."
Although the Cyclones intended to recruit with Rashad Hunt's scholarship after his de-commitment, he says the coaches are now saying they would hold one just in case. He added that the coaches have continued to recruit him as vigorously as they did before his original decision.
"I talked to the coaches from Iowa State over the weekend," Hunt said. "They called and told me that they still want me and are recruiting me hard. They still want a chance at me and say they're going to hold my scholarship. If I don't sign, hopefully they'll find someone else. But for right now they're going to hold it."
Hunt will most likely make a decision early next week, just a few days before letters-of-intent are sent on Feb. 2.
"I really don't know when I'll be making a decision," he said. "My folks didn't get to go to Lubbock when I went, so they might go over there this weekend. If they go then, I'll probably have a decision when they get back. Either way I'll be making a decision."