There were a number of big plays in the ISU-Army game, but none bigger than the facemask penalty called on Army in the fourth quarter giving the Cyclones the first down.

Steve Paris interception at the ISU 35 yard line during the first Army series of the game.


Austin Flynn catches the first score of the game with 5:42 left in the first quarter. Bret Culbertson knocks in the extra point.


Army's Scott Wesley scored on a 19 yard touchdown reception with 2:22 left in the game. Score tied at 7-7.


The Black Knights take a 14-7 lead on an 8 yard reception by Walter Hill with 6:58 left in the first half. Both of Army's touchdowns have come on third down.


Iowa State starts the second half with a 57 yard kick off return by DeAndre Jackson, but Meyer is sacked eliminating most of the gain.


On questionable play was whether or not Army fumbled and Iowa State's Nik Moser recovered. The referees ruled that the player was down before the ball popped out. On the next play Jackson tipped the pass incomplete.


A big momentum swinger was Caleb Berg blocking Army's punt in the third quarter.


A Jon Davis reception led to first and goal for the Cyclones and Greg Coleman's run on third down bought the margin to one, 14-13 Army; Culbertson with the PAT and the game is knotted at 14 apiece.


Army charged down the field and had first and goal with 2:44 left in the third quarter, after a facemask penalty by Tim Dobbins. The Black Knights were called for a false start and moved back to the 5 ½ yard mark. With 48 seconds left in the third quarter Scott Wesley scores from the ½ yard line, giving Army the 21-7 lead. At this point in the game Army RB Cartlon Jones has more yards than the whole ISU football team.


To start the fourth quarter DeAndre Jackson had another 50 yard plus kickoff return.


Bret Meyer's pass was intercepted on the one yard line by No. 2 for Army.


DeAndre Jackson tacked on another INT early in the fourth.


The biggest play of the game was early in the fourth quarter on fourth and two when Bret Meyer was sacked at the 32 yard line, but a facemask penalty by Army resulted in a 5 yard penalty and the ISU first down. A few plays later Ryan Kock charged in for the TD.


Kock added on the game winning touchdown with 6:50 left in the game.


Army went back down the field but a Shawn Moorehead sack as the clock ran out secured the ISU victory.

AllCyclones Top Stories