The overwhelming keys to today's
game were shooting and rebounding.
The following is a report from pressers held after the game with Wilkins, Medders, and Iowa State Head Coach Bill Fennelly.
- Fennelly said that his team just isn't very good right now and that he takes full responsibility for it. He said that they are struggling in a lot of different ways and not just one portion of the game is hurting.
- Fennelly said that he's tried everything to get this team going. Fennelly said that he sometimes feels like the team shuts him out.
- Fennelly said that his team can't win with two players scoring and with a lack of rebounding.
- Fennelly said that his team got some decent looks but couldn't capitalize. He said that sometimes players need to create their own luck on the court.
- Fennelly said that everyone has to take accountability for the loss.
Fennelly said that
- Wilkins said that they dug too big of a hole early.
- She said that the team was struggling on D and they tried some new things today. She said that she felt like she let her team down on defense.
Wilkins said that
- "We need to play with more emotion," said Wilkins.
- Medders said that it will be tough to regroup after this loss.
- Medders said that she feels like the team is playing better on the road and that it's not fair to the fans.
- Medders said that her ankle (that she injured early in the first half) was swollen but she's alright.
- Medders said that looking at the stat sheet was disheartening.
- Medders said that she puts the blame on herself for not getting her teammates rolling on offense.
- "At the end of the day it falls on me," said Medders.
- Medders said that the defense has been struggling but there are no pointing fingers when playing a man-to-man.