- Jessan Gray started the first game of his career.
- Rahshon Clark hit three 3-pointers…he now has 72 in his career, making him 14th all-time in school history.
- Drake shot 47 percent from the floor, the most by a Cyclone opponent this season…it is the second time this season where an ISU opponent shot 40 percent or better.
- Wesley Johnson recorded two blocks…he has tallied a block in seven of eight games this season.
- ISU has made 38 3-pointers in its last four games.
"The good start for us was almost the last thing we needed to happen. We are a long ways from where we need to be from a disciplinary standpoint."
"Bottom line, Drake is a better team than we are right now, defensively they picked us apart. It is so important you recognize their personal and what their strengths are."
"With the help of our crowd we got back in the game."
"All of us will look in the mirror and think what we could have done differently."
"We tried to stick with playing two bigger guys, we were having too difficult of a time guarding with them. Had we made that switch earlier, I am not sure we could have survived."
"We took too many early three point shots."
"The last ten possessions was our best defense of the game."
On the final shot…
"I didn't know if the shot was good, but I just played through it and hoped for the best."
"The play wasn't designed; we just played to whoever was open."
"If we had played like we did in the last few minutes through the whole game, things would've been different."
"We came out too slow and we gave them too many easy baskets."
Drake Coach Tom Davis
On the final shot
"I liked that we executed before their defense had a chance to get set. You always expect the worst and try your best to avoid it. Executing before they were set was the key."